Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How Will the World End?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Will the World End? Post 302527094 by U_C_Dispatj on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 11:17:18 AM
Old 06-02-2011
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Edited by moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal005
we are talking about the end of the world... not about the end of humans
errrm not too sure about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
All are welcome to write in your "how the world will end" scenarios and interpret "the end" as you like Smilie

The poll permits write in votes....

Basically we are talking about life on Earth...

Last edited by U_C_Dispatj; 06-02-2011 at 12:14 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

5. War Stories

The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us

I hope you will enjoy reading this essay I wrote: The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us If you are a true "IT person" i.e. a software developer, code or deep system admin, I think you will resonate with the theme of my essay. I could... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)