Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NFS not showing under /etc/fstab nor /etc/exports Post 302527084 by michnmi on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 10:11:12 AM
Old 06-02-2011
Code:
[root@usdfslpwmt3 ~]# showmount -e
[root@usdfslpsap04 ~]#showmount -a

But a question first, you have unmounted the file systems and they are still there?
Or is this procedure you are discussing under a restart?
Meaning you umounted (successfully) , deleted entries in /etc/fstab (successfully) , rebooted (successfully) and then you see the filesystems again?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/exports

i have the following entry in /etc/exports which is /opt/hpxt. i am on hpux b11.0.0 questions 1) is /hpxt in the same physical machine? got confused by the meaning of export. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. Linux

/etc/fstab

I've created a new drive and i've added it to my fstab file but on startup it will not mount. here is how i put it into my fstab file, is that right? /dev/hdb2 /disk2a ext3 defaults 1 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nfs exports and netmask option

Setting up nfs on a redhat ES 4 gives me following issue that i can't explain. My nfs was working perfect whith following /etc/exports on the server /home/test/nfstest 198.9.200.227(rw,sync,no_root_squash) But after a powerloss and restart of the server it only works with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto Simplify/Factorize Exports in .bash_profile

Dear expert, My .bash_profile contain the following lines: # User specific environment and startup programs export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.libstree/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.libstree/lib"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto Simplify Multiple Exports in .bash_profile

Dear expert, My .bash_profile contain the following lines: # User specific environment and startup programs export CFLAGS="-I $HOME/.libstree/include"; export LDFLAGS="-L $HOME/.libstree/lib"; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ewijaya/MyBioTool/libstree-0.4.2/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

6. Programming

Listing function exports from object file

Is it possible to view all the functions exported by a given object file? "dump -tv" comes the closest, but what exactly am I looking for to determine whether the symbol exists in the object file? Essentially, I have a library that requires a call to "xdr_sizeof" and the compile is failing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Exports file

Why can I not add more than 1 filesystem to the /etc/exports file and export them via smitty, or command line? I have tried, I stopped the NFS daemons, edited the /etc/exports file by hand, saved it, then re-started NFS, but it only still exports the first line in the exports file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
4 Replies

8. SCO

Problem with nfs exports between 5.0.5 and 5.0.7

Hello everyone! I have two systems: an old SCO 5.0.5 Openserver (here's the uname -a output): /# uname -a SCO_SV munixela 3.2 5.0.5 i386 And a SCO 5.0.7 OpenServer (uname -a output): /# uname -a SCO_SV catedral 3.2 5.0.7 i386 I exported a Filesystem from the 5.0.7 machine, using the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: superchivo
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fstab

hi , i'm creating a shell script using fstab for my project of last year, i wonder you can help me to know what is the command allow me to get the list of unmounted partitions. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux001
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mounted drive showing Write protected message

Hi We have two servers name A and B . I have a folder "Share" on A was NFS mounted to "B" server. I have set the ACL permissions using setfacl , so that both (One user from Server A and another user from Server B) users can read and write to the directory. Both users can create the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies
showmount(1M)															     showmount(1M)

NAME
showmount - show all remote mounts SYNOPSIS
[host] DESCRIPTION
lists all clients that have remotely mounted a file system from host. This information is maintained by the server on host (see mountd(1M)). The default value for host is the value returned by (see hostname(1)). Options Print all remote mounts in the format where hostname is the name of the client, and directory is the root of the file system that has been mounted. List directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. Print the list of shared file systems. WARNINGS
If a client crashes, executing on the server will show that the client still has a file system mounted. In other words, stale entries may accumulate for clients that crash without sending an unmount request. Also, if a client mounts the same remote directory twice, only one entry appears in Doing a of one of these directories removes the single entry and no longer indicates that the remote directory is mounted. FILES
remote mounted filesystem table AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
hostname(1), mountd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), rmtab(4). showmount(1M)