Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command in solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Command in solaris Post 302527040 by ilugopal on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 06:44:27 AM
Old 06-02-2011
Java Command in solaris

Need commands for following,
At any give time

Peak CPU
average CPU
Free memory paging
swap %

If any one can help in linux also, it would be fine.

thanks

Gopalan V

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nohup command on Solaris

Hi, I have a general question on using the "nohup" command. As far as I've got it, submmitting a job with no hang up specified, should result in the job running until completion, regardless of whether the session that submitted the job(parent) is still active. This is very helpful when doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: errolg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df command on Linux and Solaris

Hello all, Does anyone know how to fix this? My directory is mounted from a Soalris Server and both Solaris and Linux Client are mountting my directory. But when I use df and awk together the reset are different on the platform. under Solaris clinet I get whant I want: df -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv command Solaris 10

Hi, does any one know what happens if you issue command mv file* and forget to write down the target directory? I lost with this command many files, if any one can tell me where to look for them I'll appreciate a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbnik
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Command history in Solaris

Can someone tell me what I can do to maintain a single history file ? As it is it creates a new file for each session. >ls -a .sh_* .sh_history.10106 .sh_history.15240 .sh_history.21635 .sh_history.4291 .sh_history.11311 .sh_history.16593 .sh_history.23709 .sh_history.4661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 "metatool command"

We have had a third party upgrade a solaris 8 server to solaris 10. On solaris 8 I used a command called metatool so I could get a gui view of the disk layouts. What the command under Solaris 10? Does it work in the same way as metatool? Thanks Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miredale
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Command

Hi, I want to know is it possible to know the time of command user has executed ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Top Command

hi all anyone can help me to enable top command on solaris 9 version Regards (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maooah
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris command needed.......

Hi can anyone tell me what command should i use to find the files which have been created within 24hrs in / . I tried with this find mtime 24 / But its not working. Pls let me know to solve the issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
3 Replies

9. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

axel command in solaris

HI guys, I am using axel command in soalris environment. but it is not returning any output when i gave below command #/usr/local/bin/axel -a -n 10 ftp:<ip>/directory/path Initializing download: ftp:<ip>/directory/path what can i do to know whether this is running or not (background) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar1
1 Replies
CHCPU(8)						       System Administration							  CHCPU(8)

NAME
chcpu - configure CPUs SYNOPSIS
chcpu -c|-d|-e|-g cpu-list chcpu -p mode chcpu -r|-h|-V DESCRIPTION
chcpu can modify the state of CPUs. It can enable or disable CPUs, scan for new CPUs, change the CPU dispatching mode of the underlying hypervisor, and request CPUs from the hypervisor (configure) or return CPUs to the hypervisor (deconfigure). Some options have a cpu-list argument. Use this argument to specify a comma-separated list of CPUs. The list can contain individual CPU addresses or ranges of addresses. For example, 0,5,7,9-11 makes the command applicable to the CPUs with the addresses 0, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. OPTIONS
-c, --configure cpu-list Configure the specified CPUs. Configuring a CPU means that the hypervisor takes a CPU from the CPU pool and assigns it to the vir- tual hardware on which your kernel runs. -d, --disable cpu-list Disable the specified CPUs. Disabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it offline. -e, --enable cpu-list Enable the specified CPUs. Enabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it online. A CPU must be configured, see -c, before it can be enabled. -g, --deconfigure cpu-list Deconfigure the specified CPUs. Deconfiguring a CPU means that the hypervisor removes the CPU from the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs and returns it to the CPU pool. A CPU must be offline, see -d, before it can be deconfigured. -p, --dispatch mode Set the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). This option has an effect only if your hardware architecture and hypervisor support CPU polarization. Available modes are: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. -r, --rescan Trigger a rescan of CPUs. After a rescan, the Linux kernel recognizes the new CPUs. Use this option on systems that do not auto- matically detect newly attached CPUs. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. RETURN CODES
chcpu has the following return codes: 0 success 1 failure 64 partial success AUTHOR
Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 SEE ALSO
lscpu(1) AVAILABILITY
The chcpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 CHCPU(8)