Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: argument
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting argument Post 302526989 by ctsgnb on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 04:26:04 AM
Old 06-02-2011
This is a quick piece of code (ksh) not very elegant but this is just to make you get the idea.
You can then enhance it as you want

Code:
echo "Enter your filename:"
read a
[[ ! -f "$a" ]] && echo "Sorry $a is not a file or does not exists"
sed 's/<[^>]*>//g' $a | uniq | tee newfile.txt
echo "output generated in newfile.txt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

argument help

if i have 2 arguments $1 and $2 how can i append them so that $2 is added to $1? It is really confusing me because it seems so simple, yet i can't get the shell script to work properly. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

argument parsing...

Hi all, Iam a beginer in shell scripting. i need a script that can parse the arguments and store them in variables. ex: ./myScript -v v1 -h v2 -c v3...... can someone suggest me...? tnx in adv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun_u
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stripped argument

Hi there Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and if so, do they know why this happens? I am running this in BASH: $ export DEV="/usr/sbin/diskutil list | /usr/bin/grep Master | /usr/bin/awk '{ print $6 }'" $ echo $DEV /usr/sbin/diskutil list | /usr/bin/grep Master | /usr/bin/awk '{ print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the last argument in a argument line?

How to find the last argument in a argument line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot compare argument in if statement in csh/grep command if argument starts with “-“

If ($argv == “-debug”) then Echo “in loop” Endif But this is not working. If I modify this code and remove “-“, then it works. Similarly I am getting problem using grep command also Grep “-debug” Filename Can someone please help me on how to resolve these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script that run with argument if not run from configuration file argument

Hello, Is there any method thorugh which script can take argument if pass otherwise if argument doesn't pass then it takes the argument from the configuration file i.e I am workiing on a script which will run through crontab and the script will chekout the code ,zip and copy to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

9. Programming

Java argument help

Hello All, I have the following code, package com.java.tutorial.examples; import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.BufferedWriter; import java.io.FileNotFoundException; import java.io.FileReader; import java.io.FileWriter; import java.io.IOException; public class Swapping {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute one argument into another?

Hello Friends, I am not able to solve something which looks silly..after spending some time around it, thought of positing it here. I want to get $2, $3... into user. but I want to control the sequence by count. I want to assign $2 user..then $3 to user..then $4 to user etc. how can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat4tech
4 Replies
ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)							 1							ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)

ZipArchive::open - Open a ZIP file archive

SYNOPSIS
mixed ZipArchive::open (string $filename, [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a new zip archive for reading, writing or modifying. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file name of the ZIP archive to open. o $flags - The mode to use to open the archive. o ZipArchive::OVERWRITE o ZipArchive::CREATE o ZipArchive::EXCL o ZipArchive::CHECKCONS RETURN VALUES
o $Error codes - Returns TRUE on success or the error code. o ZipArchive::ER_EXISTS File already exists. o ZipArchive::ER_INCONS Zip archive inconsistent. o ZipArchive::ER_INVAL Invalid argument. o ZipArchive::ER_MEMORY Malloc failure. o ZipArchive::ER_NOENT No such file. o ZipArchive::ER_NOZIP Not a zip archive. o ZipArchive::ER_OPEN Can't open file. o ZipArchive::ER_READ Read error. o ZipArchive::ER_SEEK Seek error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Open and extract <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip'); if ($res === TRUE) { echo 'ok'; $zip->extractTo('test'); $zip->close(); } else { echo 'failed, code:' . $res; } ?> Example #2 Create an archive <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip', ZipArchive::CREATE); if ($res === TRUE) { $zip->addFromString('test.txt', 'file content goes here'); $zip->addFile('data.txt', 'entryname.txt'); $zip->close(); echo 'ok'; } else { echo 'failed'; } ?> PHP Documentation Group ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)