Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listing 000 permission files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing 000 permission files Post 302526711 by bb2 on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 08:34:39 AM
Old 06-01-2011
just tried it, it hides the message but the folder is not listed in .txt file

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission 000

hi all i was reading some questions related to file permission if file has 000 permission then who can read the file ? i think no one can read the file. correct me if i am wrong (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating 10,000 files in unix

hi all, I am an UNIX beginner. I need to create 10,000 .dat files in unix. and first file should have 10102009*1*14, second file should have 10102009*2*14, and the 10,000th file should contain 10102009*10000*14, (Comma is a must at end) The file name should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpv_2002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can root user run chmod 000 permission shell script?

Hi, I have a shell script file which is set to access permission 000. When I login as root (sudo su) and try to run this script, I am getting the Permission denied error. I have read somewhere that root admin user can execute any kind of permission script. Then why this behavior? However, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take 100MB worth files from 200,000 Files

Hi, I have a process which creates almost 200K files. Each file ranging from 1kb to 5kb. This is almost 2GB of data in all files. I have a requirement where the business needs only 100MB worth of files. Is there a way to get files around 100MB (doesn't have to be exactly 100MB) from all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies
prev(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   prev(1)

NAME
prev - show the previous message (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
prev [+folder] [-[no]header] [-help] [-showproc program] [-noshowproc] [options to showproc] OPTIONS
Displays a one-line header before the message. The header consists of the name of the folder and the message number. This is the default behavior. It can be suppressed with the -noheader option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Specifies an alternative program to list messages. The default is to use the program defined by the showproc: entry in the file. As with show, you can give options to the showproc program at the command line. These are passed directly to showproc by prev. The defaults for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder -header DESCRIPTION
The prev command displays the previous message in the current folder. The previous message is the one before the current message in the folder. The message that is shown becomes the current message. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you specify a folder, that becomes the current folder. RESTRICTIONS
The prev command is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to prev and that link is not called prev, your link will act like show instead. To avoid this, add a profile-entry for the link to your MH profile and add the argument prev to the entry. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory showproc: Program to show the message EXAMPLES
The command in the following example displays the previous message in the folder +copylog: $ prev +copylog FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
show(1), next(1) prev(1)