Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replicate history commands in multiple terminal Post 302526630 by radoulov on Wednesday 1st of June 2011 04:56:29 AM
Old 06-01-2011
You could use something like this:

Code:
cat <<! >> "$HOME"/.bashrc
shopt -s histappend
PROMPT_COMMAND='history -n; history -a'
!

You'll need to press ENTER to re-sync the history when you pass from one terminal to another.

For more details check this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining elements of different commands in history

What is the correct format for a single command that would combine portions of 2 different lines in the command history? I'm using a C shell. Here's a simplified command history to clarify: 4 rm file1 5 ls -ld file2 file3 file4 6 cat file 5 With the above history, what would be the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbyte
5 Replies

2. Solaris

History commands

Dear What's the command to be executed to retreive all history commands for a specific user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
1 Replies

3. Linux

history of commands

I would like to log all the commands I type (on the terminal) to a file. The command "history" does this only for current terminal only. I typically keep around 10 terminals open. Thanks, j Note: I do not have root access. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to kill history from terminal to others using same id

I have a application ID and many users in the team are using this id. I dont want the people to check whati am running with the id from my terminal. is there a way to kill history get back from my console to everybody so thatwhat ever i type in my console cant be seen from other users who are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add pseudo terminal to bash history

Hello, Could you tell me if it is possible to add pseudo terminal name to the bash history? I need to see from which terminal the command was issues. I found a variable HISTTIMEFORMAT that helps me to identify the time but cannot find similar thing for the pts number. thanks, Pavel. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clear history logs of all terminal sessions

Hi, I would normally clear off the history entries from a terminal by using the following commands: > ~/.bash_history history -c But this will remove the entries of that particular session only. How to prune all the entries of all login sessions for a particular user in a system? N.B:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding history of my commands

i have several boxes running either ubuntu, redhat or solaris. there are multiple people with root access on these boxes. i really dont like people looking through my command history, is there a way i can prevent this? what files do i have to edit to prevent anyone from being able to see what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

history commands

Hi Guys, I am running RHEL5, I am trying to find out the history of the cammands that were executed on my server. I have files that are missing I just want to find out what happened to them. I used history | more but I can't find anything related to my query. I also checked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phuti
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands History

how to list all commands history for a username during a certain time ? Maany Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: + $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SHELL(1)