Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Identify SAN disks not in use Post 302526494 by mark54g on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 04:54:16 PM
Old 05-31-2011
try looking in the /etc/fstab

If it is not there, then run the command:
Code:
mount

If the disk is not referenced in either place, it is not mounted, and likely not being used.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

problem with disks on SAN

Hi I have a linux box attched to a SAN storage from EMC with RAID 5 .I understand that it has 3g cache howver a 20gb file creation takes too much time here are my results any ideas why time dd if=/dev/zero of=disk.img bs=1048576 count=20000 20000+0 records in 20000+0 records out 997.59s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

3. AIX

Configurin EMC SAN disks on AIX

This may sound like an absolute rookie question, and it is. I have been working on Migrating our HP and Solaris servers to the new EMC SAN and know the routines backwards. Now we've suddenly got a new IBM server and I don't even know how to check if it is connected to the switch. Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronellevan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

SAN DISKS - Number of slices ?

Good morning to one and all :-) Thank god its Friday, as its bee na rubbish week for me ! So, a quick question. Disks ! Ive got a few local disks, and a few SAN disks used on my solaris server. Whats confusing me, and Im not sure if there's an issue at the SAN end, or my end, regarding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help with finding WWN of SAN disks

Hi, I'm new to SAN storage so I was wondering if someone can assist me with a problem. I have a solaris 10 OS with 3 SAN devices attached. We are trying to troubleshoot performance so I was asked to get the WWN of each SAN disk and show what it's attached to via the SVM mount in the metastat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify SAN disks

Hello everybody, I'm using the binary inqraid (Linux RHEL) in order to retrieve information about SAN disks. The questions are: Given an LDEV, how do I know if the SAN disk related to this LDEV is being used by the OS? I mean, how can I demonstrate to "Storage department" that all disks of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Identify Boot from SAN

How to identify the server is BOOT FROM SAN. Also how one can find from which device it is booted? Thanks Rahul Double post, continued here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul.kurumkar
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Identify Boot from SAN

Hi, I have many servers all of these are boot from SAN. Can anybody let me know that how to identify the server is Boot fron SAN and from which device? Thanks Rahul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul.kurumkar
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-fstab-generator					SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-fstab-generator - Unit generator for /etc/fstab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-fstab-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-fstab-generator is a generator that translates /etc/fstab (see fstab(5) for details) into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will instantiate mount and swap units as necessary. The passno field is treated like a simple boolean, and the ordering information is discarded. However, if the root file system is checked, it is checked before all the other file systems. See systemd.mount(5) and systemd.swap(5) for more information about special /etc/fstab mount options this generator understands. One special topic is handling of symbolic links. Historical init implementations supported symlinks in /etc/fstab. Because mount units will refuse mounts where the target is a symbolic link, this generator will resolve any symlinks as far as possible when processing /etc/fstab in order to enhance backwards compatibility. If a symlink target does not exist at the time that this generator runs, it is assumed that the symlink target is the final target of the mount. systemd-fstab-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fstab-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: fstab=, rd.fstab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any mounts or swap devices configured in /etc/fstab. rd.fstab= is honored only by the initial RAM disk (initrd) while fstab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. root= Takes the root filesystem to mount in the initrd. root= is honored by the initrd. rootfstype= Takes the root filesystem type that will be passed to the mount command. rootfstype= is honored by the initrd. rootflags= Takes the root filesystem mount options to use. rootflags= is honored by the initrd. mount.usr= Takes the /usr filesystem to be mounted by the initrd. If mount.usrfstype= or mount.usrflags= is set, then mount.usr= will default to the value set in root=. Otherwise, this parameter defaults to the /usr entry found in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usr= is honored by the initrd. mount.usrfstype= Takes the /usr filesystem type that will be passed to the mount command. If mount.usr= or mount.usrflags= is set, then mount.usrfstype= will default to the value set in rootfstype=. Otherwise, this value will be read from the /usr entry in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usrfstype= is honored by the initrd. mount.usrflags= Takes the /usr filesystem mount options to use. If mount.usr= or mount.usrfstype= is set, then mount.usrflags= will default to the value set in rootflags=. Otherwise, this value will be read from the /usr entry in /etc/fstab on the root filesystem. mount.usrflags= is honored by the initrd. systemd.volatile= Controls whether the system shall boot up in volatile mode. Takes a boolean argument or the special value state. If false (the default), this generator makes no changes to the mount tree and the system is booted up in normal mode. If true the generator ensures systemd-volatile-root.service(8) is run as part of the initial RAM disk ("initrd"). This service changes the mount table before transitioning to the host system, so that a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs") is used as root directory, with only /usr mounted into it from the configured root file system, in read-only mode. This way the system operates in fully stateless mode, with all configuration and state reset at boot and lost at shutdown, as /etc and /var will be served from the (initially unpopulated) volatile memory file system. If set to state the generator will leave the root directory mount point unaltered, however will mount a "tmpfs" file system to /var. In this mode the normal system configuration (i.e. the contents of "/etc") is in effect (and may be modified during system runtime), however the system state (i.e. the contents of "/var") is reset at boot and lost at shutdown. Note that in none of these modes the root directory, /etc, /var or any other resources stored in the root file system are physically removed. It's thus safe to boot a system that is normally operated in non-volatile mode temporarily into volatile mode, without losing data. Note that enabling this setting will only work correctly on operating systems that can boot up with only /usr mounted, and are able to automatically populate /etc, and also /var in case of "systemd.volatile=yes". SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), systemd.mount(5), systemd.swap(5), systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSTAB-GENERATOR(8)