Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE ldap client_forcible pwd change Post 302526398 by DGPickett on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 11:41:35 AM
Old 05-31-2011
Usually, admin accounts are set up with non-expiring password.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on PWD

Hi, We all know that pwd (or echo $PWD) gives us the present working dir as output.... but my doubt is that I'ld like to know how to get the present working folder - I mean - name of the current folder alone.. using pwd command I get the full folder name (right from root path)... I need to know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd

Home directory mounted on one local system as /home/username, same directory mounted on a remote system as /home/engr/username. How to use command to use remote host pwd. For example rsh <remote host> ls -l ~pwd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugsandbunny
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/}

Can anyone explain this in detail ... echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/} Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to change pwd during logging on ftp server?

Dear All, Could I change password while login in to ftp server(solaris 10)? I tried to use fileZilla and command prompt(window) to change my password but It can't. Do you have any suggestion ? Ps. I can't telnet and ssh to the server because of poicy for ftpuser. Thank in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
3 Replies

5. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to change normal user id to LDAP user id?

If I create a new user id test: mkuser id=400 test then I want it to LDAP user: chuser -R LDAP SYSTEM=LDAP registry=LDAP test It shows: 3004-687 User "test" does not exist. How to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change shell's pwd

Hi there, i was presented with a challenge that is beyond my current shell knowledge: how can you have a script that executed interactive will change your current working directory? Example (under MacOS): 1. start Terminal and my current working directory is my home folder 2. execute a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Getting apache to see a LDAP group membership change

trying to implement authz to a webpage using require ldap-group. It works, except I need to do apachectl restart before the server will observe an add or a delete to the group. Seems like apache is acquiring the group membership at startup & caching it. It's a static group. I have apache... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
0 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
SLAPO-PBIND(5)							File Formats Manual						    SLAPO-PBIND(5)

NAME
slapo-pbind - proxy bind overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The pbind overlay to slapd(8) forwards Simple Binds on a local database to a remote LDAP server instead of processing them locally. The remote connection is managed using an instance of the ldap backend. The pbind overlay uses a subset of the ldap backend's config directives. They are described in more detail in slapd-ldap(5). Note: this overlay is built into the ldap backend; it is not a separate module. overlay pbind This directive adds the proxy bind overlay to the current backend. The proxy bind overlay may be used with any backend, but it is mainly intended for use with local storage backends. uri <ldapurl> LDAP server to use. tls <TLS parameters> Specify the use of TLS. network-timeout <time> Set the network timeout. quarantine <quarantine parameters> Turns on quarantine of URIs that returned LDAP_UNAVAILABLE. FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5), slapd-ldap(5), slapd(8). AUTHOR
Howard Chu OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPO-PBIND(5)