Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pthread attr setting doesn't work before thread create? Post 302526365 by DGPickett on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 10:26:35 AM
Old 05-31-2011
The policy SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR seems to be for multiple threads within a LWP, and the nice of that LWP would affect them all. If such threads have different numerical priorities like the nice, I wonder how you could set the LWP niceness. I would expect it must reflect the highest thread's priority, as the lower need to not take long else the priority on the higher cannot be honored/recognized.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -d doesn't work on Solaris

Hello, the ls -d command to only list directories in a directory doesn't seem to work on Solaris and the man command says to use that combination: ls -d Anyone have the same problem and find a resolve? Thanks BobK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh doesn't work

Hi, I need to use remsh inside a ksh script. The script would remsh to another machine (maybe different OS) and then execute commands. A Simple Script: #!/usr/bin/ksh remsh sun7656 -l myuser "cd /user.3/MyFolder; ls -lart" But this gives me the error: permission denied I also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script.. it Just doesn't work

Hello,, Im verry new to scripting and have some problems with this script i made.. What it does: It checks a directory for a new directory and then issues a couple of commands. checks sfv - not doing right now checks rar - it checks if theres a rar file and when there is it skips to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo doesn't work right

Hi,when I run my first shell script,I got something that doesn't work right. I wrote this code in the script. echo -e "Hello,World\a\n"But the screen print like this: -e Hello,World The "-e" wasn't supposed to be printed out. Can anyone help me out?:wall: Many thanks!:) (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon
25 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeout doesn't work, please help me

#!/bin/sh trap "cleanup" TERM timeout=5 mainpid=$$ cleanup() { echo "at $i interupt" kill -9 0 } watchdog() { sleep $1 } (watchdog $timeout && kill -TERM $mainpid) & run_test() (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
10 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread / post doesn't open

Dear colleagues, this post doesn't open; error message: Anything we / I can do? Rgds Rüdiger (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
0 Replies
_lwp_getscheduler(2)						System Calls Manual					      _lwp_getscheduler(2)

NAME
_lwp_getscheduler() - get LWP(Lightweight Process) scheduling policy and parameters SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function allows the scheduling policy and parameters of an individual LWP within any process to be retrieved. The cmd argument determines the action to be performed by the system call. The following command is available. Other values of cmd are reserved for use by HP and may change without notice. The behavior of _lwp_getscheduler is undefined if any other value is passed to the cmd argument and it may change without notice. This request retrieves the scheduling policy and associated scheduling parameters for the LWP whose LWP ID is specified by target_lwp and store those in policy and param, respectively. If the value of target_lwp is zero(0), the target LWP will be the calling LWP. The priority value returned shall be the value specified by the most recent call affecting the target LWP(s) and will not reflect any tem- porary adjustments to its priority as a result of any priority inheritance or ceiling functions. Refer to the rtsched(2) manpage for a complete description of scheduling policies and priorities available. is similar to the function except that it operates on lightweight processes instead of processes. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns with a value of 0; otherwise, it returns an error number to indicate the error. The variable is NOT set if an error occurs. ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function fails and returns the corresponding error number: The target process could not be accessed due to compartmental restrictions. The param parameter or the policy parameter points to an illegal address. The cmd parameter is invalid. No LWP can be found corresponding to that specified by target_lwp. WARNINGS
In general, the POSIX pthread interfaces should be used by multi-threaded applications. This system call may be used directly only when the application has a need to operate on LWPs in another process. This system call may result in undefined behavior if the usage is mixed with POSIX pthread APIs. SEE ALSO
_lwp_setscheduler(2), sched_getscheduler(2), pthread_getschedparam(3t). _lwp_getscheduler(2)