Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set up user trusting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Set up user trusting Post 302526163 by thehero on Monday 30th of May 2011 02:46:23 PM
Old 05-30-2011
thanks alot for ur explanation,really apperciated and plz wish me luck for tomorrow Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set up user environment in Solaris9?

The follwoing is my .cshrc: and when I log in and type init, I got the follwoing message: Usage: init and also my login prompt is not ORACLE.bantest>> I believed I am running /bin/sh **************************************************** #ident "@(#)local.cshrc 1.2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
5 Replies

2. Linux

How to set user quota

I've a redhat 9.0 and I want to set a user quota. but the question is where should I start from and How ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KaiXiang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on Set User ID on Execution

I want group to run one of my unix script as me . I when the script is run it should have my permission's not the group . I tried this : 1.Have a file called y.ksh cat y.ksh echo $LOGNAME >ak_test 2.Output file has this permission -rwx------ ak_test 3.Then I chnaged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akrathi
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set User ID on execution mode.

I have a directory. To this directory, for Group bits combination, it is showing as 's'. Which I found out, it means "Set User ID on execution mode". Within this directory I am not able to create subfolder. Does it mean, only the Owner of this directory will be able to create subdirectories &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

proftpd: how to set MaxStoreFileSize to one user ?

hi,all: i set "MaxStoreFileSize 20 Mb" on proftpd.conf, this parameter limit everyone to upload file less than 20M, but i want to permit one user "fred" can upload file size more than 20 Mb, how to set it ? if i set: MaxStoreFileSize 20 Mb MaxStoreFileSize 100 Mb user fred but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you set up an FTP user account?

1) How do you set up an FTP user account on a Solaris Unix box? Please show the steps (assuming I have root account access). 2) Where are the FTP user account information stored? For example: Unix user accouns are stored on /etc/passwd what about ftp user account where are they stored? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
3 Replies

7. Programming

Set password of a user in phpmyadmin

I have a mysql database on the server where I have root access also to phpmyadmin. I have such a database 1, which is a table users where a user named admin. How shall be observed as the password for this user? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mumie
1 Replies

8. Solaris

cant set password for user

hi everybody i cant set password for user (jam) i tried to #passwd jam enter newpasswd : after enter it showing passwd : cannot get default domain:internal yp server or client error i also check cat /etc/shadow file jam:*:LK*:........ user is locked ... and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set env variables for user

Hi , I have installed oracle in Solaris machine and unable to set the env variable. I tried to put the env variable in .dtprofile file but didn't help. So everytime I login in need to run the command and export the variable. Kindly suggest where I am doing wrong.Pls excuse as I am not too... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set maximum memory for user

Hi, I have as Solaris 10 (x86) system. I want to set the maximum memory for the user But the following comaand is valid only till next reboot.Pls let me know how to make it permanenent. prctl -n project.max-shm-memory -r -v 4G -i project 3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
6 Replies
CALIFE.AUTH(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    CALIFE.AUTH(5)

NAME
calife.auth -- format of the calife authorization file DESCRIPTION
The calife.auth files are files consisting of newline separated records, one per user, containing three colon (``:'') separated fields. These fields are as follows: name User's login name / @group. shell User's shell user1,user2,...,usern List of logins allowed for the user name The name field is the login used to access the computer account. The login name must never begin with a hyphen (``-''); also, it is strongly suggested that neither upper-case characters or dots (``.'') be part of the name, as this tends to confuse mailers. No field may contain a colon (``:'') as this has been used historically to separate the fields in the user database. One alternative syntax is to use @group to specify that any user in the given group is allowed to use calife to become root. The shell field is the command interpreter the user prefers. If there is nothing in the shell field, the user's current shell as found in the (/etc/passwd) file is assumed. If the shell field is '*', then the account is considered as locked and access is denied. If the third parameter is specified, it is assumed to be the list of login the current user has the right to become. It enables use of calife for non-root only accounts. calife.auth is placed in /etc. EXAMPLE
# calife.auth-dist # # Format # # name[:shell_to_be_run][:user1,user2,usern] # fcb roberto:/bin/tcsh pb::guest,blaireau SEE ALSO
calife(1), su(1) HISTORY
A calife.auth file format appeared in DG/UX and SunOS, written for Antenne 2 in 1991. It has evolved with the extra shell specification. The login list was reintroduced in 2.7. AUTHOR
Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net> BSD
September 25, 1994 BSD