Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc Post 302526077 by newlinuxuser1 on Monday 30th of May 2011 08:55:44 AM
Old 05-30-2011
Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have Solaris on Sparc rather than on PC?

Last edited by newlinuxuser1; 06-01-2011 at 12:58 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Setting up a Solaris training

Hi, i'm about to hold a training (Solaris 10) for my colleagues. I've to plan for two days. There is a day for basics and a day (some weeks later) for advanced topics. All of them are regular solaris users (but mostly only installing + patching). What do you guys think are interesting topics... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DukeNuke2
22 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/solaris training

I am new to UNIX and somewhat familiar with Solaris. Can you suggest any good (simple English) books that can help me with understanding and learning UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

5. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
FANN_READ_TRAIN_FROM_FILE(3)						 1					      FANN_READ_TRAIN_FROM_FILE(3)

fann_read_train_from_file - Reads a file that stores training data

SYNOPSIS
resource fann_read_train_from_file (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Reads a file that stores training data. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The input file in the following format: num_train_data num_input num_output inputdata seperated by space outputdata seperated by space inputdata seperated by space outputdata seperated by space RETURN VALUES
Returns a train data resource on success, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fann_read_train_from_file example <?php $train_data = fann_read_train_from_file("xor.data"); if ($train_data) { // Do something with $train_data for XOR function } ?> Contents of xor.data 4 2 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 1 -1 1 1 1 -1 SEE ALSO
fann_train_on_data(3), fann_destroy_train(3), fann_save_train(3). PHP Documentation Group FANN_READ_TRAIN_FROM_FILE(3)