Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to send alert if any changes are made in crontab. Post 302525913 by ygemici on Sunday 29th of May 2011 04:42:52 PM
Old 05-29-2011
maybe you could try something like this.
Code:
x=$(crontab -l >/tmp/crXc)
sleep 1800 #(wait for half-hour )
y=$(crontab -l >/tmp/crXy)
if [[ ! -z $(comm -3 $x $y) ]] ; then echo "crontab entry(s) is maybe changed .." ; 
echo -e "$(date "+%F %H:%M:%S") in\n --new crontab--\n`more $x` \n\nhalf an hour ago\n --old crontab--\n`more $y`"; fi
rm -f $x $y

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a script to send alert for some particular hours in a day

Hi All, I have a have a script which checks for some processes whether they are running or not and if they are not running then it send a mail specifying that the processes are not running. This particular script example abc.ksh is runs in a cron like this 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min

hi, A script which look into a directory and send an alert via a mail. If there is any file exisiting in a directory for more then 10 min. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Stop status from the output of script and send an eamil alert.

Hello Team, I have script which gives below output. Server clustServer11 is in a STARTED state Server clustServer12 is in a STOPPED state Server clustServer21 is in a STOPPED state I would like to prepare script which will grep stop word from the above output and send an email alert. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Script to send alert when process exceeds 90% cpu

I have an issue with one of the processes which is showing %cpu over 120% when i issue the top command. I am looking for a script that send me an email alert when it crosses the 90% thresholds. Appreciate your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chkaiban
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi : Is it possible to send ctrl + d signal from a file made with vi and executing it.

Hi Experts, Is it possible to send ctrl + d signal from a inside a file made with vi, using Ctrl V , Esc and 004 , escape sequence. Since : 004 should exit the script if executed. Is this something possible. I am trying with vi , I put this code ^ , and trying to execute it but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a sql script on multiple $Oracle_SID at once and send an alert if reaches the threshold

I am trying to accomplish following tasks in my KSH script: Run a sql script on multiple $ORACLE_SID at once Sends an alert only if the threshold > 2 for any of the $ORACLE_SID Please advice as to how I can approach this!! Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jd_2000
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
alert(3alleg4)                                                    Allegro manual                                                    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)