Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing the date output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing the date output Post 302525574 by Elavarasan on Friday 27th of May 2011 05:44:43 AM
Old 05-27-2011
Am working in message Queueing(IBM MQ)

Am working in message Queueing(IBM MQ) and i write some script to automate the process in my work...The crontab will run every month on 15th and you will get remainder mail.

0 0 15 * * /home/your_script.ksh

The script should have below code:

echo -e "Hello,/n/nTime to renew your SSL certificate\n\nThanks,\nyour_name" | mail -s "SSL certificate" your_mailID@yyy.xxxx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date parsing into string, help!

I have a file that was created yesterday that I want to access... daily.log2008-02-16 I am using... curr_time=`date +"%Y %m %d"` yesterday=`./datecalc.ksh -a $curr_time - 1` the value for yesterday is now "2008 2 16" in ksh, how do I transform the string "2008 2 16" into "2008-02-16" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martyb555
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output

I have a file that contains the output of the ls -iR command, something like this: ./results: 2504641011 result_1410 2500957642 result_525 2504641012 result_1425 2500957643 result_540 ./tests/1: 2500788755 1 2500788743 1000 ./tests/2: 2500788759 3 2500788758 999 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing output

I need to parse the following out put and determine if the USB is a DISK and whether or not it's External. If an HBA line contains "USB" then does the next line contain "DISK" and "External". 0:0,31,0: HBA : (aacraid,1) AAC SCSI 0,0,0: DISK : Adaptec ASR4800SAS Volu0001 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing Date to a file name

Hi All There is a file "apple_2008-08-15.log". I have to use grep on this file to collect my test log. There are 45 such files. Is there a command that I can use to dynamically substitute the daily date as part of the file name? As of now Iam renaming the file to the new date and running my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output of system()

Hi, From the above output of df command I need to parse only 43G (available space) and display it. root@localhost:> df -h /vol1/joy Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /vol1/joy 180G 137G 43G 76% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing output

Can somebody provide a solution to parse the following; cat /tmp/xxx Name: QUE_REQU (o.mtaseast-o.dmart) (MTPost queue) Number of messages: 66446 (Age 686 min; Size 214 mb) Backlog (messages): 0 (Age 0 min) Name: QUE_REQU... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of TOP output

Hi , i am trying to set up an alert, when CPU usage (0.2%us in below output) is more than 40% top | head | grep '^Cpu' Cpu(s): 0.2%us, 0.2%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.1%id, 0.6%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st using CUT, i pulled the value 0.2 and assigned to CPU (variable) CPU=$(expr `top | head -10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to UNIX ... Date parsing

Hi ... extremely new to Unix scripting ... I have to get a date field from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd format ... I have a variable that I want parsed. I don't seem to be doing it right?? Thanks. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJKeeble
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really need some help with Parsing files by date

Hi, I am new to Unix and need some help with a problem I have. I have been asked to ftp a file(s) from a directory to another system. I need to be able to allow the current days file to build and only send any other file across that is in the directory. I need a peice of code that will read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrenwg99
3 Replies
Net::SSLGlue::SMTP(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::SSLGlue::SMTP(3pm)

NAME
Net::SSLGlue::SMTP - make Net::SMTP able to use SSL SYNOPSIS
use Net::SSLGlue::SMTP; my $smtp_ssl = Net::SMTP->new( $host, SSL => 1, SSL_ca_path => ... ); my $smtp_plain = Net::SMTP->new( $host ); $smtp_plain->starttls( SSL_ca_path => ... ); DESCRIPTION
Net::SSLGlue::SMTP extends Net::SMTP so one can either start directly with SSL or switch later to SSL using the STARTTLS command. By default it will take care to verify the certificate according to the rules for SMTP implemented in IO::Socket::SSL. METHODS
new The method "new" of Net::SMTP is now able to start directly with SSL when the argument "<SSL =" 1>> is given. In this case it will not create an IO::Socket::INET object but an IO::Socket::SSL object. One can give the usual "SSL_*" parameter of IO::Socket::SSL to "Net::SMTP::new". starttls If the connection is not yet SSLified it will issue the STARTTLS command and change the object, so that SSL will now be used. The usual "SSL_*" parameter of IO::Socket::SSL will be given. peer_certificate ... Once the SSL connection is established the object is derived from IO::Socket::SSL so that you can use this method to get information about the certificate. See the IO::Socket::SSL documentation. All of these methods can take the "SSL_*" parameter from IO::Socket::SSL to change the behavior of the SSL connection. The following parameters are especially useful: SSL_ca_path, SSL_ca_file Specifies the path or a file where the CAs used for checking the certificates are located. This is typically "etc/ssl/certs" on UNIX systems. SSL_verify_mode If set to 0, verification of the certificate will be disabled. By default it is set to 1 which means that the peer certificate is checked. SSL_verifycn_name Usually the name given as the hostname in the constructor is used to verify the identity of the certificate. If you want to check the certificate against another name you can specify it with this parameter. SEE ALSO
IO::Socket::SSL, Net::SMTP COPYRIGHT
This module is copyright (c) 2008, Steffen Ullrich. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-06 Net::SSLGlue::SMTP(3pm)