Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help with greping two line from a file Pls help ASAP Post 302525463 by mnassiri on Thursday 26th of May 2011 06:06:22 PM
Old 05-26-2011
thanks a whole bunch !!!! that works beautifully

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping date in a file

i have a script that checks inside the file and find the start date and end date with time........... #!/bin/ksh cd /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/logs TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ;b=`date +%Y-%m-%d` echo $b for i in DBMaint.log do echo "Start Time:" >> /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/naveed/Report.txt cat $i | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in greping the string from file using awk

I am using awk command for greping an value from the file the file contains .. file ---------------------------- content----------- -------- String main = "81507066666"; ------------------------------ i am greping the above value using awk command NumberToReplace=`cat "file" | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastare
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping columns data from file.

Hi i am using shell script which perform oracle database query and after that output is redirect to some temporary file. the output of this file looks like SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Tue Aug 5 16:08:06 2008 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: esungoe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get it in single line. pls help

Hi, when i am executing this script, i am getting the values of TID and Intime in different lines. How can i print both output values in a single line. please advise _____________________________ #!/bin/ksh export Path="/abc/def/ghi"; Home="/abc/jkl/prt"; cd $Path cat $Home | while read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

line separate (pls)

Hello everybody I made code to move some files to another place for example(I moved MM file TO BIN folder ) and the MM path I put it in different file e.g(0:HOME/unixstuff/MM) so my question is who I can separate the path line and use the number 0: and MM as parameter because if I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greping next line after grep match

Hi All I have a file with tha same line multiple times and its easy to grep out those lines using grep "pattern" filealthough I need to know exactly what the next line after those lines are Can anyone please shed some light on this on how i can simultaneously grep the pattern and the next line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping word after new line character

how grep all user from the below looking file: User_Alias ADMIN1 = horacel, matthes, caseyl, alexl2, \ jackl, johnnyzh, maheshm, jihuih, davidw, \ christh, williaml,jasminez User_Alias ADMIN2 = tomc, apitssc, fengh, guh, kail,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojit123
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping values from a text file

Hi All, I have 100's of files in the following format. I need to grep or parse out some values from each of the files {  “tree”: “((A:0.2{0},B:0.09{1}):0.7{2},C:0.5{3}){​4};”,  “placements”:  , ], “n”: },   {“p”: ], “n”: } ],  “metadata”:  {“invocation”:   “pplacer -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial content greping into a 3rd file

Hi, I do have couple of files in folder. The names of each of the files have a pattern. B_A17_A17_1T.txt B_A17_A17_2T.txt B_A17_A17_3T.txt B_A17_A17_7T.txt ..... ..... B_A17_A17_45T.txt Each of the above files have the same pattern of data with 4 columns and have an header for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
10 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)