Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help with greping two line from a file Pls help ASAP Post 302525455 by mnassiri on Thursday 26th of May 2011 05:28:51 PM
Old 05-26-2011
Need Help with greping two line from a file Pls help ASAP

Hi all - I''m in a little bit of jam - If you can please help

I have a file that has the following content ( please see below)

I need to read the file and then get this result in this format

------------- To put out in this format
Code:
name: sophis   Total: 22328
name: tca       Total: 23
Name :  kpatel  Total: 0

----------- The file content is as follow
Code:
                    name: sophis
                channels: 2
                   total: 22328
      aggregateItemLimit: 100000
        maxPriorityClass: 1
                    name: tca
                channels: 1
                   total: 23
                    name: kpatel
                channels: 2
                   total: 0
                    name: ts
                   total: 0
                    name: etfservice
                   total: 2884

Last edited by Scott; 05-26-2011 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping date in a file

i have a script that checks inside the file and find the start date and end date with time........... #!/bin/ksh cd /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/logs TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ;b=`date +%Y-%m-%d` echo $b for i in DBMaint.log do echo "Start Time:" >> /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/naveed/Report.txt cat $i | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in greping the string from file using awk

I am using awk command for greping an value from the file the file contains .. file ---------------------------- content----------- -------- String main = "81507066666"; ------------------------------ i am greping the above value using awk command NumberToReplace=`cat "file" | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastare
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping columns data from file.

Hi i am using shell script which perform oracle database query and after that output is redirect to some temporary file. the output of this file looks like SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Tue Aug 5 16:08:06 2008 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: esungoe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get it in single line. pls help

Hi, when i am executing this script, i am getting the values of TID and Intime in different lines. How can i print both output values in a single line. please advise _____________________________ #!/bin/ksh export Path="/abc/def/ghi"; Home="/abc/jkl/prt"; cd $Path cat $Home | while read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

line separate (pls)

Hello everybody I made code to move some files to another place for example(I moved MM file TO BIN folder ) and the MM path I put it in different file e.g(0:HOME/unixstuff/MM) so my question is who I can separate the path line and use the number 0: and MM as parameter because if I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greping next line after grep match

Hi All I have a file with tha same line multiple times and its easy to grep out those lines using grep "pattern" filealthough I need to know exactly what the next line after those lines are Can anyone please shed some light on this on how i can simultaneously grep the pattern and the next line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping word after new line character

how grep all user from the below looking file: User_Alias ADMIN1 = horacel, matthes, caseyl, alexl2, \ jackl, johnnyzh, maheshm, jihuih, davidw, \ christh, williaml,jasminez User_Alias ADMIN2 = tomc, apitssc, fengh, guh, kail,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojit123
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping values from a text file

Hi All, I have 100's of files in the following format. I need to grep or parse out some values from each of the files {  “tree”: “((A:0.2{0},B:0.09{1}):0.7{2},C:0.5{3}){​4};”,  “placements”:  , ], “n”: },   {“p”: ], “n”: } ],  “metadata”:  {“invocation”:   “pplacer -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial content greping into a 3rd file

Hi, I do have couple of files in folder. The names of each of the files have a pattern. B_A17_A17_1T.txt B_A17_A17_2T.txt B_A17_A17_3T.txt B_A17_A17_7T.txt ..... ..... B_A17_A17_45T.txt Each of the above files have the same pattern of data with 4 columns and have an header for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
10 Replies
Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_InitConsoleChannels - Install the console channels as standard channels SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_InitConsoleChannels(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which the console channels are created. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_InitConsoleChannels is invoked to create a set of console channels and install them as the standard channels. All I/O on these channels will be discarded until Tk_CreateConsoleWindow is called to attach the console to a text widget. This function is for use by shell applications based on Tk, like wish, on platforms which have no standard channels in graphical mode, like Win32. The interp argument is the interpreter in which to create and install the console channels. NOTE: If this function is used it has to be called before the first call to Tcl_RegisterChannel, directly, or indirectly through other channel functions. Because otherwise the standard channels will be already initialized to the system defaults, which will be nonsensical for the case Tk_InitConsoleChannels is for. SEE ALSO
console(n) KEYWORDS
standard channels, console Tk 8.5 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)