Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Imagick
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Installing Imagick Post 302525371 by DGPickett on Thursday 26th of May 2011 01:01:28 PM
Old 05-26-2011
Maybe configure is discarding your PATH for its own. The trailing / might mess things up, in your first export PATH= . . . .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing

hey i want to install freebsd 5.1 but i ran into some problems i have a old cpu, i made boot disks from kern.flp and mfsboot.flp from the cd, and boot up, when i'm done and gonna install, it won't find the cd, then i tryed to installed with ftp, but i coulden't figure out how to do, i have a DHCP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekizz
5 Replies

2. AIX

How to installing .h of Dt

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 I install X11.Dt, X11.apps, X11.base, X11.compat, X11.motif, X11.vsm full and Optional install X11.fnt using smitty! When i compling my gui programs , i found that all the include file of ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q30
1 Replies

3. AIX

Installing memory

I need to install new memory on the server on a AIX server. I want to know what are the steps/commands in doing so. As far as I know I can use bosboot -a; shutdown -Fr. And that should recognize the memory. Please let me know what is the correct way to recognize the memory. I need to know this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno777
0 Replies

4. Linux

Help Installing RH.9

Yea, im having a little confusion towards installing red-hat using promise controllers. It was more easy with Windows cause it prompts me and i just press F6 at the beginning of the installation and then it gives me the list of the controllers i need (from a floppy). I tried using the noprobe on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
5 Replies

5. Debian

installing X?

I just reformatted my computer because of a bad tip I and I installed only the base-system to add what I'd want later. My question is how/where can I get a good X-server for Debian? I'm so used to gnome and don't really like it and want to try something else. I heard about something called: Xfree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

6. AIX

Installing TL/ML's

Question from an AIX noob -- I recently installed an AIX box with what I thought was recent 5.3 media. After the install it was at ML 5300-00. My question is, it seems as if each ML/TL needs to be installed prior to the next - which currently makes 6(?) updates. Am I missing something - is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
4 Replies

7. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Installing HP 11i v3

Hi, I want to install HP 11i v3 OS on PA-RISC systems, which already have HP11i v1 operating system. I want to know that what are software and hardware requirements I will need for doing this? Thanks in Advance Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
1 Replies

9. BSD

Installing GUI

Hi there, I am a new FreeBSD. I am entirely new to tihs OS, I just have good dos/windows skills. So I am comparing everything with dos/windows. I have installed FreeBSD with default settings. When FreeBSD starts, the GUI (if there is any ?!?!?) doesn't start; just the command line. So thats... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koraykazgan
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
Env(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Env(3)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.16.3 2013-03-02 Env(3)