Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: symbol list reference
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting symbol list reference Post 302525369 by mrwatkin on Thursday 26th of May 2011 12:55:57 PM
Old 05-26-2011
You, sir, are awesome. Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The > symbol

Hi guys, Im new to unix; I have a problem at hand. Somehow at the terminal, I lost the command prompt, instead I get a ">" symbol. Anything I type in does me no good. What do you recommend? Thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C++ Compiling error.. Symbol Reference

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator(unsigned int) const/var/tmp//cc9ACJBX.o std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator>><char,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjena
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Symbol reference error for same code & libraries but compiled in different environmen

Hi All, I am having a code written in C++.First I build this code on SUN 5.10.It was built successfully.Following is the log when build was successful. -L/apps/compilers/SUNWspro/lib -lm -lsunmath \ -o App ld: warning: symbol `clog' has differing types: (file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: File name part to list reference problem.

I've made a habit of including a four-letter "tail" on image file names I download from the Web, so I can both match them with IPTC Transmission References of my own making and rename them later using either a GUI renamer or a script I've written myself. Now I want to automate the process of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

6. Programming

gcc symbol reference error in Solaris

Hi there, Honestly i'm not much of a code guy but i found some short piece of code over the net which i need to compile in my Solaris machine (in order to change my hostid). As far as i read - i need to use the gcc to compile this short text file making it an executable file. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avisht
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbol reference

Hi, test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh The command has couple of symbols, could someone redirect me to the link, where i can understand their significance. Thanks, John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john_prince
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
Bio::Symbol::SymbolI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Symbol::SymbolI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Symbol::SymbolI - Interface for a Symbol SYNOPSIS
# get a Bio::Symbol::SymbolI object somehow my ($name,$token) = ($symbol->name, $symbol->token); my @symbols = $symbol->symbols; my $matches = $symbol->matches; DESCRIPTION
Symbol represents a single token in the sequence. Symbol can have multiple synonyms or matches within the same Alphabet, which makes possible to represent ambiguity codes and gaps. Symbols can be also composed from ordered list other symbols. For example, codons can be represented by single Symbol using a compound Alphabet made from three DNA Alphabets. This module was implemented for the purposes of meeting the BSANE/BioCORBA spec 0.3 only. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason@bioperl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ Bio::Symbol::SymbolI interface methods name Title : name Usage : my $name = $symbol->name(); Function: Get/Set Descriptive name for Symbol Returns : string Args : (optional) string token Title : token Usage : my $token = $self->token(); Function: Get/Set token for this symbol Example : Letter A,C,G,or T for a DNA alphabet Symbol Returns : string Args : (optional) string symbols Title : symbols Usage : my @symbols = $self->symbols(); Function: Get/Set Symbols this Symbol is composed from Example : A codon is composed of 3 DNA symbols Returns : Array of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects Args : (optional) Array of Bio::Symbol::SymbolI objects matches Title : matches Usage : my $matchalphabet = $symbol->matches(); Function: Get/Set (Sub) alphabet of symbols matched by this symbol including the symbol itself (i.e. if symbol is DNA ambiguity code W then the matches contains symbols for W and T) Returns : Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI Args : (optional) Bio::Symbol::AlphabetI equals Title : equals Usage : if( $symbol->equals($symbol2) ) { } Function: Tests if a symbol is equal to another Returns : Boolean Args : Bio::Symbol::SymbolI perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Symbol::SymbolI(3pm)