Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nested grouping in Python
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nested grouping in Python Post 302525345 by Abid on Thursday 26th of May 2011 12:01:08 PM
Old 05-26-2011
Thanks for looking into it .

I meant the last element of sub2 which is in this case .09 gets appended to whole of sub1

Item: 1
Example
sub1
A,10,x,5
sub2
A,09,9,.09

.09 of sub2 is appended to sub1

output:
Item: 1
A,10,x,5,.09

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding the user grouping

I am new to the unix server. My question is: i have 10 users a b c d e f g h i j Among the 10 5 users are (normal) user and remainging 5 users are (qad) users How can i sepearte this one? How can i give the dlc access rights? Please provide the clear cut idea. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective grouping

I have a text file in this format. Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.11 #User xxxxxxxxx #Password aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Group: AAA Notes: IP : 11.11.11.22 #User yyyyyyyyyyyyy #Password bbbbbbbbbbbbb (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping

Hi all, I am using following command: perl program.pl input.txt output.txt CUTOFF 3 > groups_3.txt containing program.pl, two files (input.txt, output.txt) and getting output in groups_3.txt: But, I wish to have 30 files corresponding to each CUTOFF ranging from 0 to 30 using the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Name grouping

awk 'FNR==NR {a; next} $NF in a' genes.txt refseq_exons.txt > output.txt I can not figure out how to group the same name in $4 together. Basically, all the SKI together in separate rows and all the TGFB2. Thank you :). chr1 2160133 2161174 SKI chr1 218518675 218520389 TGFB2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and Calculating

Hi All, I want to read the input file and store the output in the Output file. I pasted the sample Input and Output file below. Help me with this. Input file ================================= ITEM1 AAAAA 1 ITEM1 BBBBB 1 ITEM1 CCCCC 1 ITEM2 AAAAA 5 ITEM2 CCCCC 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: humaemo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and counting

Hello, I would like to group/sort a file of records by a particular field and then count how many records belong in that grouping. For example say I have the following data: 1234|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA ABCD|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA EFGH|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|BB... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nik44
14 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
Audio::MPD::Common::Item(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Audio::MPD::Common::Item(3pm)

NAME
Audio::MPD::Common::Item - a generic collection item VERSION
version 1.120881 SYNOPSIS
my $item = Audio::MPD::Common::Item->new( %params ); DESCRIPTION
Audio::MPD::Common::Item is a virtual class representing a generic item of mpd's collection. It can be either a song, a directory or a playlist. Depending on the params given to "new", it will create and return an Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song, an Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Directory or an Audio::MPD::Common::Playlist object. Currently, the discrimination is done on the existence of the "file" key of %params. METHODS
my $item = Audio::MPD::Common::Item->new( %params ); Create and return either an Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Song, an Audio::MPD::Common::Item::Directory or an Audio::MPD::Common::Playlist object, depending on the existence of a key "file", "directory" or "playlist" (respectively). AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-01 Audio::MPD::Common::Item(3pm)