Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: symbol list reference
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting symbol list reference Post 302525330 by mrwatkin on Thursday 26th of May 2011 11:21:52 AM
Old 05-26-2011
symbol list reference

Can anyone direct me to a page that holds a list of perl's built in symbols?

Example:

$_ means blah
$? means blah2
$! means blah3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The > symbol

Hi guys, Im new to unix; I have a problem at hand. Somehow at the terminal, I lost the command prompt, instead I get a ">" symbol. Anything I type in does me no good. What do you recommend? Thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csb
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C++ Compiling error.. Symbol Reference

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator(unsigned int) const/var/tmp//cc9ACJBX.o std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator>><char,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjena
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Symbol reference error for same code & libraries but compiled in different environmen

Hi All, I am having a code written in C++.First I build this code on SUN 5.10.It was built successfully.Following is the log when build was successful. -L/apps/compilers/SUNWspro/lib -lm -lsunmath \ -o App ld: warning: symbol `clog' has differing types: (file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: File name part to list reference problem.

I've made a habit of including a four-letter "tail" on image file names I download from the Web, so I can both match them with IPTC Transmission References of my own making and rename them later using either a GUI renamer or a script I've written myself. Now I want to automate the process of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

6. Programming

gcc symbol reference error in Solaris

Hi there, Honestly i'm not much of a code guy but i found some short piece of code over the net which i need to compile in my Solaris machine (in order to change my hostid). As far as i read - i need to use the gcc to compile this short text file making it an executable file. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avisht
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbol reference

Hi, test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh The command has couple of symbols, could someone redirect me to the link, where i can understand their significance. Thanks, John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john_prince
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
CRUNCHIDE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      CRUNCHIDE(1)

NAME
crunchide -- hides symbol names from ld, for crunching programs together SYNOPSIS
crunchide [-f keep-list-file] [-k keep-symbol] object-file [object-file ...] DESCRIPTION
crunchide hides the global symbols of object-file such that they are ignored by subsequent runs of the linker, ld(1). Some symbols may be left visible via the -k keep-symbol and -f keep-list-file options. The keep-list-file must contain a list of symbols to keep visible, one symbol per line. The names given by keep-symbol or in keep-list-file should be C names. For example, to keep the C function ``foo'' visi- ble, the option ``-k foo'' should be used. crunchide is designed as a companion program for crunchgen(1), which automates the process of creating crunched binaries from multiple compo- nent programs. SEE ALSO
crunchgen(1), ld(1) AUTHORS
crunchide was written by James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu>. Copyright (c) 1994 University of Maryland. All Rights Reserved. Chris Demetriou <cgd@NetBSD.org> reorganized crunchide so that it supported multiple object formats, and added ELF object support and ECOFF object recognition. Copyright (c) 1997 Christopher G. Demetriou. All Rights Reserved. BSD
June 14, 1994 BSD