Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync not recursing properly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync not recursing properly Post 302525217 by vanessafan99 on Thursday 26th of May 2011 05:18:55 AM
Old 05-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygemici
if this output is full then all files appears like already synchronized.

and
that's the thing it hasn't been synchronized

when i synchornize /home/user it is showing everything is already synchronized but it's not because when i do /home/user/mail then it synchronizes more files even though /home/user/mail is under /home/user

---------- Post updated at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirel
You must append / to a directory if you wanna copy it with rsync.
The right way :
Code:
rsync -av /home/s12/$USER/ /home/$USER

Ohhh really??? I think this is why then!
Thanks for this

Crap that means a lot of previous syncs have been wrong

How come it works sometimes though?

---------- Post updated at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirel
You must append / to a directory if you wanna copy it with rsync.
The right way :
Code:
rsync -av /home/s12/$USER/ /home/$USER

I didn't know this before Smilie

It used to work without the /, and it works sometimes
How come it doesn't always work?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

y is this not working properly?

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> struct stat s; main() { char c; if (fork()==0) { system("clear"); do { printf("myAI\\>§ "); scanf("%s",c); if(stat(c,&s)>-1) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
3 Replies

2. Solaris

not getting the output properly

i am entering the command, not get the total out put see the output what i am getting. SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl ('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') FROM DUAL; DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n not working properly

Hi all, I'm trying to generate a series of txt files starting from a plain csv file part of my code: #!/bin/ksh INSTALLDIR=/Users/ME/Installdir CSV=CSV.csv TMP=/tmp/$(basename $0).txt tr -s "\r" "\n" < /$INSTALLDIR/$CSV > $TMP function Makefiles { printf '%24s:%30s\n' "sometext"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jive Spector
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp not coping properly

Hi, I'm trying to copy the directories from one location(/tmp/source/) to other(/tmp/dest/). for this I have written a PERL script. snippet of code $sourcePath = "/tmp/source"; $destPath = "/tmp/dest"; opendir(DIR, $sourcePath ); while($dir = readdir(DIR)) { if($dir ne "." && $dir ne... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashants
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Not able to FTP properly

FTP error: Connected to 10.58.132.123 (10.58.132.123). 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5) 331 Please specify the password. 230 Login successful. 550 Failed to change directory. 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,58,132,123,235,54) 150 Here comes the directory listing. 226 Transfer done (but failed to open... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Not able to FTP properly

FTP error: ftp> dir */*/*/*.zip 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,58,132,123,204,83) 150 Here comes the directory listing 226 Transfer done (but failed to open directory) And the machine where am getting the file(Client machine) has the below mentioned vsftpd.conf file. Please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to paste properly?

I needed to view calendar for several months so I created a separate file for each and then pasted them like this: cal Dec 2011 > x1; cal Jan 2012 > x2; paste x1 x2 December 2011 January 2012 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 1 2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Grep properly?

Hi Forum Im making a script that takes multiple unix users and lists the users and the groups that the user is part of. the grouplist looks like this grouplst="example_group1|example_group2|example_group3|example_group4" I got most of it working but Im having trouble with a while loop... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't get mv to work properly

Trying to use mv in a shell script but for some reason this does not work: for f in *.wav;do mv $f $f.bwf;done I get this: usage: mv source target mv source ... directory So it's like I'm using 'mv' wrong but I can't see how. This works so the contens of the folder is read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oortone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
CREATE USER 
MAPPING(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE USER MAPPING(7) NAME
CREATE_USER_MAPPING - define a new mapping of a user to a foreign server SYNOPSIS
CREATE USER MAPPING FOR { user_name | USER | CURRENT_USER | PUBLIC } SERVER server_name [ OPTIONS ( option 'value' [ , ... ] ) ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE USER MAPPING defines a mapping of a user to a foreign server. A user mapping typically encapsulates connection information that a foreign-data wrapper uses together with the information encapsulated by a foreign server to access an external data resource. The owner of a foreign server can create user mappings for that server for any user. Also, a user can create a user mapping for his own user name if USAGE privilege on the server has been granted to the user. PARAMETERS
user_name The name of an existing user that is mapped to foreign server. CURRENT_USER and USER match the name of the current user. When PUBLIC is specified, a so-called public mapping is created that is used when no user-specific mapping is applicable. server_name The name of an existing server for which the user mapping is to be created. OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) This clause specifies the options of the user mapping. The options typically define the actual user name and password of the mapping. Option names must be unique. The allowed option names and values are specific to the server's foreign-data wrapper. EXAMPLES
Create a user mapping for user bob, server foo: CREATE USER MAPPING FOR bob SERVER foo OPTIONS (user 'bob', password 'secret'); COMPATIBILITY
CREATE USER MAPPING conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). SEE ALSO
ALTER USER MAPPING (ALTER_USER_MAPPING(7)), DROP USER MAPPING (DROP_USER_MAPPING(7)), CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER (CREATE_FOREIGN_DATA_WRAPPER(7)), CREATE SERVER (CREATE_SERVER(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE USER MAPPING(7)