Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disable bash
Operating Systems AIX disable bash Post 302525189 by bakunin on Thursday 26th of May 2011 04:02:37 AM
Old 05-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox111
I managed it with AIX ACL's:
Thanks for writing a follow-up.

Still, i'd like to warn you to think twice about using ACLs: in my experience using ACLs is uncessarily complicating the rights management process and in the long run it is better to stay away from using ACLs at all.

In most cases you can achieve your goals without ACLs and if this is possible you should go for it.

Just my 2 cents.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable X

Im sure this is somthing easy to do but i just can not figure it out where and how would i take X out of the boot for hp ux 11 i looked in the man's and nothing so maybe sombody could throw me a bone... thanks BB (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

disable messages

hi.. I want to disable the messages that comes when USB device is inserted. I tried to do 2> /dev/null... again messages are coming to the screen.. Please help.. esham (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable su

i have this unix version "unix v/386" and i want to disable su kindly help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to disable SU right

Anyone know how to disable SU right for a particular user in Solaris 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Printer always disable itself

Hi, I am using solaris 10, 1 of the printers encounter some issue and it is always disable itself and dont know why? any idea how to make it auto enable back to normal? is there any configuration or scripts?? kindly advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable Tilde Expansion within Bash Scripts?

Does anyone know of a reliable method to disable tilde expansion while a script is running and then re-enable it when the script is done? I often have to work with files that have sections like this in them: 555 ~~~~~~~~~~ AN:AutoAttendant~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9195551212 ~~~~~ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Linux

Printer is getting disable...

Dear expert, I have configured the printer on my linux server, Daily its getting disable and user cannot access the printer. Request you to please help me on this, Attached the screen shot. Thank you, Faiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script unable to disable expected output

I'm trying to understand why a script behaves different when run through a pipe. My OS: Linux myip 3.13.0-92-generic #139-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 20:42:26 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux This script (myscript.sh): #!/bin/bash echo whoami: whoami echo who: who echo who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
ACL(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						    ACL(9)

NAME
acl -- virtual file system access control lists SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> #include <sys/acl.h> In the kernel configuration file: options UFS_ACL DESCRIPTION
Access control lists, or ACLs, allow fine-grained specification of rights for vnodes representing files and directories. However, as there are a plethora of file systems with differing ACL semantics, the vnode interface is aware only of the syntax of ACLs, relying on the underly- ing file system to implement the details. Depending on the underlying file system, each file or directory may have zero or more ACLs associ- ated with it, named using the type field of the appropriate vnode ACL calls: VOP_ACLCHECK(9), VOP_GETACL(9), and VOP_SETACL(9). Currently, each ACL is represented in-kernel by a fixed-size acl structure, defined as follows: struct acl { unsigned int acl_maxcnt; unsigned int acl_cnt; int acl_spare[4]; struct acl_entry acl_entry[ACL_MAX_ENTRIES]; }; An ACL is constructed from a fixed size array of ACL entries, each of which consists of a set of permissions, principal namespace, and prin- cipal identifier. In this implementation, the acl_maxcnt field is always set to ACL_MAX_ENTRIES. Each individual ACL entry is of the type acl_entry_t, which is a structure with the following members: acl_tag_t ae_tag The following is a list of definitions of ACL types to be set in ae_tag: ACL_UNDEFINED_FIELD Undefined ACL type. ACL_USER_OBJ Discretionary access rights for processes whose effective user ID matches the user ID of the file's owner. ACL_USER Discretionary access rights for processes whose effective user ID matches the ACL entry qualifier. ACL_GROUP_OBJ Discretionary access rights for processes whose effective group ID or any supplemental groups match the group ID of the file's owner. ACL_GROUP Discretionary access rights for processes whose effective group ID or any supplemental groups match the ACL entry qualifier. ACL_MASK The maximum discretionary access rights that can be granted to a process in the file group class. This is only valid for POSIX.1e ACLs. ACL_OTHER Discretionary access rights for processes not covered by any other ACL entry. This is only valid for POSIX.1e ACLs. ACL_OTHER_OBJ Same as ACL_OTHER. ACL_EVERYONE Discretionary access rights for all users. This is only valid for NFSv4 ACLs. Each POSIX.1e ACL must contain exactly one ACL_USER_OBJ, one ACL_GROUP_OBJ, and one ACL_OTHER. If any of ACL_USER, ACL_GROUP, or ACL_OTHER are present, then exactly one ACL_MASK entry should be present. uid_t ae_id The ID of user for whom this ACL describes access permissions. For entries other than ACL_USER and ACL_GROUP, this field should be set to ACL_UNDEFINED_ID. acl_perm_t ae_perm This field defines what kind of access the process matching this ACL has for accessing the associated file. For POSIX.1e ACLs, the fol- lowing are valid: ACL_EXECUTE The process may execute the associated file. ACL_WRITE The process may write to the associated file. ACL_READ The process may read from the associated file. ACL_PERM_NONE The process has no read, write or execute permissions to the associated file. For NFSv4 ACLs, the following are valid: ACL_READ_DATA The process may read from the associated file. ACL_LIST_DIRECTORY Same as ACL_READ_DATA. ACL_WRITE_DATA The process may write to the associated file. ACL_ADD_FILE Same as ACL_ACL_WRITE_DATA. ACL_APPEND_DATA ACL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY Same as ACL_APPEND_DATA. ACL_READ_NAMED_ATTRS Ignored. ACL_WRITE_NAMED_ATTRS Ignored. ACL_EXECUTE The process may execute the associated file. ACL_DELETE_CHILD ACL_READ_ATTRIBUTES ACL_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES ACL_DELETE ACL_READ_ACL ACL_WRITE_ACL ACL_WRITE_OWNER ACL_SYNCHRONIZE Ignored. acl_entry_type_t ae_entry_type This field defines the type of NFSv4 ACL entry. It is not used with POSIX.1e ACLs. The following values are valid: ACL_ENTRY_TYPE_ALLOW ACL_ENTRY_TYPE_DENY acl_flag_t ae_flags This field defines the inheritance flags of NFSv4 ACL entry. It is not used with POSIX.1e ACLs. The following values are valid: ACL_ENTRY_FILE_INHERIT ACL_ENTRY_DIRECTORY_INHERIT ACL_ENTRY_NO_PROPAGATE_INHERIT ACL_ENTRY_INHERIT_ONLY SEE ALSO
acl(3), vaccess(9), vaccess_acl_nfs4(9), vaccess_acl_posix1e(9), VFS(9), VOP_ACLCHECK(9), VOP_GETACL(9), VOP_SETACL(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Robert Watson. BSD
September 18, 2009 BSD