Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming can't compile under cygwin anymore, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o etc Post 302524859 by LMHmedchem on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 12:03:14 AM
Old 05-25-2011
can't compile under cygwin anymore, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o etc

I have been compiling software under gcc3.4.4-999 cygwin for some time now. I was having an issue, so I decided to re-install gcc. After the re-install, I am getting the following errors from the linker,
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmingw32
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmoldname
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmingwex
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmsvcrt
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmoldname
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmingwex
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmsvcrt

It's like the linker can't find the libraries anymore. I haven't changed my make, or anything else.

I have reinstalled cygwin from scratch, and this didn't fix anything.

Any ideas about what has gone wrong here?

LMHmedchem

Last edited by LMHmedchem; 05-25-2011 at 01:11 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use use /usr/bin/find for 4 digit year dirs only

I have lots of directories in ~/. My diaries are stored in directories in ~/ containing exactly 4 digits. How do I use the /usr/bin/find command to only search my diary directories? So I would like my search to include ~/2009/abc/def and ~/2010/2001/33 but not ~/103/ or ~/20101/ or ~/201/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

5. Programming

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam

I'm trying to compile sudo on RHEL 4.8 and during the make I get the this error. Does anyone know what package I'm missing? gcc -o sudo sudo_auth.o pam.o mkstemps.o ldap.o exec_pty.o get_pty.o iolog.o audit.o boottime.o check.o env.o exec.o getspwuid.o gettime.o goodpath.o fileops.o find_path.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz error

I am installing lxml module for python on redhat I have installed libxml2 already. When I run for libxslt: ./configure --prefix=libxslt_folder --with-libxml-prefix=libxml2_folder It is ok the I run : make I have error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex-mt

...... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
30 Replies

8. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively /usr/bin/find only readonly files?

I'm having trouble because, for some reason, cp -R missed a few files. And so did xcopy/s. Since I'm running Cygwin on Win10, I decided to see if robocopy would be more effective. The trouble is someone, maybe xcopy/s or cp -R dutifully set certain files to be read only so when I try a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies
sdl-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     sdl-config(1)

NAME
sdl-config - script to get information about the installed version of SDL SYNOPSIS
sdl-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs | --library-libs | --plugin-libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
sdl-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams, libraries, and plugins that use SDL. It is also used internally by the m4 macros that are included with SDL. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses SDL. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that SDL was build with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library- libs, and --plugin-libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses SDL. --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a program that uses SDL. --library-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a library that uses SDL. (This excludes any static objects required for linking, since these must be linked only by executable programs.) --plugin-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an SDL-using object that is to be accessed via dlopen(3). This may include static objects with PIC symbol information. This option should not be used for ordinary shared libraries or standalone applications. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that SDL was built with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of SDL on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(sdl-config --cflags) main.c is how you might use sdl-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(sdl-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. gcc -o libSDL_nifty-1.2.so.0.0.1 $(sdl --library-libs) read.o write.o munge.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a shared library. gcc -o libnifty_xmms.so $(sdl --plugin-libs) stream.o blit.o deinterlace.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a plugin for use by another program. AUTHOR
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library was written by Sam Lantinga. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. SDL 1.2 2001-12-25 sdl-config(1)