Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue running script as root
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue running script as root Post 302524846 by Perderabo on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 09:34:30 PM
Old 05-24-2011
Now I really suspect the login scripts. I would pepper them with statements like echo got to point 1 and see how far they run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command or script as root

I'm writing an application (Progress language) that needs to: 1) load the contents of a cron table into the Progress application; 2) display this information in a human manner and allow a select group of people to update it (these people are logged in as themselves, not as root); 3) save... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

As root , running script as different user with su - problem

Dear All I am running into a situation where I am running a script as another user lets say oracle using su command as below, and the script fails because the .profile of oracle is not executed so the environment variables are not set. cat /etc/passwd | grep oracle... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsupp
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Running script through SSH as root

Hi all, I have a situation where I have a shell script that I need to run remotely on multiple *nix machines via SSH. Unfortunately, some of the commands in it require root access. I know that best practices for ssh entail configuring it so that the root account cannot log in, you need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irinotecan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with running script with crontab

I am facing a strange issue while running a script(eg A) from the crontab entry the script calls one more script(eg B) within it now when i run the script A manually(with nohup) it also executes the script B (embedded inside it) as expected. but when i run the script A from the crontab entry... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for running root based C++ code

Hi all, I have to run C++ file using root programming, using following commands: $root -l root .L TwoTrees.C++ root TwoTrees t root t.Loop() root.q I wonder if I can write script to do the following. Thanks Pooja (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running shell script in crontab

I'm having a shell script which has to be run only once at the specified time. Shell script is like following, #!/bin/bash db2 connect to XXX > connection_status.txt This script is scheduled in crontab as following, 50 4 8 5 0 sh script.sh scheduled script is run at the specified time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gandhi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running commands from shell script

I'm trying to copy files from a remote windows server to Unix server. I was successfully able to copy files from windows server using command prompt but when I run these commands from a script it's not working as expected. commands used: sftp user@remoteserver.com lcd local_dir cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh7590
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script as root but with different users inside

Hi All, my script.sh has the below lines, and i need to run the script as root or wam. please tell me if this will work #!/bin/bash sudo -t wam /usr/local/wam/stopwam -r ------- this needs run as wam user /usr/local/web/stopweb -a --- this needs to run as... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
18 Replies

9. Programming

Running a script as root in the script

hi all, i think i have got the solution for this but want to run it past you guys first when i run a script sometimes its necassary to sudo to root so it can create users, chmod etc etc, the normal way for me doing this is just to simply run the script as root but i have created a user... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running a script via ssh

Hi, I'm trying to run a user defined shell script with options and arguments via ssh but getting error as ksh: Script.sh: not found. Here is what i'm running: ssh -t username@server 'cd /path/to/script; script.sh -t start here '-t' with script.sh, is an user defined option and 'start' is also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsam
3 Replies
burgerspace(6)															    burgerspace(6)

NAME
burgerspace - A hamburger-smashing video game SYNOPSIS
burgerspace DESCRIPTION
BurgerSpace is a game where you are a chef and you must walk over hamburger ingredients (buns, meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese) to make them fall from floor to floor, until they end up in the plates at the bottom of the screen. Use the arrow keys to move the chef. However, you must do this while avoiding terrible enemies, such as eggs, sausages and pickles. You will die if they touch you, but you can spray pepper on them with the Control key to paralyze them temporarily. Use those pepper shots sparingly because you only have a limited number of them. Pick up the treat that appears from time to time to obtain a new pepper shot. A two-player game is possible using the (experimental) networked version of BurgerSpace. See the burgerspace-server(6) manual page or the BurgerSpace Home Page for details. Use the Escape key to quit the program. To pause the game (which is only possible in stand-alone mode), use the P key to pause the game and to resume it afterwards. GENERAL OPTIONS
--help display a help page and exit --version display version information and exit --no-sound Disable the sound effects, which are enabled by default. --full-screen Attempt to use the full screen mode. The default is to display the game in an ordinary window. --z-for-pepper Use the Z key instead of the Control key to shoot pepper. STAND-ALONE OPTIONS --initial-level=N start game at level N. Default is 1. N must be at least 1. --ms-per-frame=N N milliseconds per animation frame. Default is 55. Minimum is 1. Maximum is 1000. 50 means 20 frames per second. NETWORK CLIENT OPTIONS
--server=HOSTNAME Start as a client that connects to a BurgerSpace server running on the given host or IP address. Examples: --server=localhost, --server=192.168.1.2 If this option is not given, the program starts as a stand-alone game that does not try to connect to any server. --port=PORT UDP port number on which the BurgerSpace server is running. This option is only useful with --server. The default is 49152. LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version. This program has absolutely no warranty. AUTHORS
Pierre Sarrazin (code) Luce St-Amand (most images) FILES
This program uses the flatzebra library, by the same author. This library is itself based on the SDL graphics library (see http://www.lib- sdl.org). See the BurgerSpace Home Page: http://sarrazip.com/dev/burgerspace.html May 16th, 2010 burgerspace(6)