Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: echo switches
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting echo switches Post 302524381 by ajaincv on Monday 23rd of May 2011 07:30:59 AM
Old 05-23-2011
echo switches

Thanks for your reply.Can you please let me know why its not running without -e.

Can you also let me know how can i highlight important things using the script link bold or italics the text.

Regards

Ankit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar switches!!!

Hi, If i want to write my data on several tapes, (more than one tape), what switch(s) i need to use with tar. In other word if my data needs the sapce more than one tape & i don't wanna to compress or ... my data. so is it possible to write up to the end of the tape & it asks to put another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xterm switches to make fonts larger

Dear Sirs I posted this question to "Unix for dummies" but got no answers, so I'm asking help from this group. Whenever I bring up an xterm window on my laptop running Mandrivia Linux, the font in the xterm window is so small that it is practically unreadable ! What switches do I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanejm
1 Replies

3. Programming

Signal Handling and Context Switches

Hi guys, this is my first posting, so at first hi to everyone! ;) I have a problem with ucontext_t in connection with signal handling. I want to simulate a preemptive scheduler. I am using the iTimer with ITIMER_PROF, to schedule the interrupts. You find the code below: #include <stdio.h>... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: XComp
18 Replies

4. IP Networking

LACP aggregation on separates switches

Hello, I'm working on LACP architecture. I would like to know if it's possible to aggregate two links on two separate switches. Here an example I want : Aggregation of link1 and link2 to obtain a logical 2 gbit/s link. Also have redundancy, if one of them is down, the traffic goes through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbemonet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect information from switches

Hi All , In my environment we have 12 SAN switches .Culd u pls help me for below queries . would like to telnet to all switches and collect information in daily basis with "switchstatus" command and store the output under /tmp/ folder on systemA . To keep passwords of 12switches in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinni-script
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring for switches.

Hi, I have configured check_snmp plugin and using the plugin i am able to monitor the uptime of the switch. But the following fails # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.10.10.1 -C ready -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB SNMP CRITICAL - *down(2)* | # Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple commandline switches

I have a script that has commandline switches that work no problem. But i don't know how to enable it to have multiple switches at one time. So I'd want myscript -h -o or even myscript -ho but i'm having no luck incorporating this. I tried shifting but i'm not getting it. Thanks ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding when a file switches direction using awk

Hi guys I have a file that is filled with x,y values: 0.000000 0.00129578 0.000191 0.00272187 0.000381 0.0125676 0.000572 0.0120014 0.000763 0.00203461 0.000954 0.00682248 0.001144 0.00202773 0.001335 0.000840523 0.001526 0.00451419 ....5MB of that I wanted to know if there is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bflinchum
7 Replies

9. AIX

LACP between AIX 7.1 and HP procurve switches

Hi. On a standalone AIX server, 7.1 version, I have 3 connected gigabit ethernet ports. I made an etherchannel like this : # lsattr -El ent4 adapter_names ent1,ent2 | EtherChannel Adapters True alt_addr 0x000000000000 | Alternate EtherChannel Address True auto_recovery yes | Enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephnane
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Strings in as options to switches

I have a script using getops with -a -t -l as potential switches, based on the switches used, it will set the respective variable value which will cause the routine/function to run. I need to also pass a string with the switch that will get parsed by the function. example ./myscript -a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)