Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris socket in listen state disappears/closes automatically Post 302524157 by kumar3k on Sunday 22nd of May 2011 12:02:49 AM
Old 05-22-2011
seems like that is not a netstat bug. the port went out of LISTEN state and not able to create further connections on that port.

Where will the logs related to socket connections and LISTEN state go in solaris 10?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Prog to close a socket in established state

I have a SUN environment running an WebLogic that communicates w/a 3rd party running IIS. When the IIS site goes down (frequently), I am stuck with sockets in an ESTABLISHED state, and cannot seem to figure out how to avoid this. No exceptions are thrown as I can still open connections to the IIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teledelux
1 Replies

2. Programming

multiuser chat server closes when one client closes. code included

I have been trying to write a very basic chat program but at the moment I am having problems getting it to be multiuser as it closes all connections when one client shutsdown. I have also been having problems trying to get the program to display a list of usernames to the clients. I have tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dooker
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm -e closes when script is done

I want to open multiple xterm windows, run different programs in each and have each xterm window stay open - to use as I wish. I have written a ksh script that uses "xterm -e scriptname" (multiple times). The xterm windows do open successfully. However, when "scriptname" completes, the xterm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazaret
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loopback filesystem disappears after reboot

I am running solarix x86 on a dell r810; I have mirrored the two internal 300Gb disks and accepted the default directory structure during the installation. Oracle 11g R2 was then installed with a view to using this machine in a DR scenario. The following steps were performed to create two disks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl + Gtk2] Image disappears after scrolling / minimizing window

Hello everyone I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but I will try. I want to use Gtk2 in my Perl chart-drawing script, I found a sample code that could be very useful for me somewhere, but I noticed there is one problem with that - when I draw something, and then scroll the window or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
0 Replies

8. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sub-folder in share disappears when mounting to other server

Hello, I have 3 solaris 11.2 servers: 1 and 2: are just fileservers with 1 zfs-share server 3: i want to use this one to connect to the rest of our network (windows machines and a few solaris machines) I created the shares on all servers like this (x needs to be replace with the number... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wim_123
9 Replies
UPSD.CONF(5)							    NUT Manual							      UPSD.CONF(5)

NAME
upsd.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsd DESCRIPTION
upsd uses this file to control access to the server and set some other miscellaneous configuration values. This file contains details on access controls, so keep it secure. Ideally, only the upsd process should be able to read it. CONFIGURATION DIRECTIVES
"MAXAGE seconds" upsd usually allows a driver to stop responding for up to 15 seconds before declaring the data "stale". If your driver takes a very long time to process updates but is otherwise operational, you can use MAXAGE to make upsd wait longer. Most users should leave this at the default value. "STATEPATH path" Tell upsd to look for the driver state sockets in path rather than the default that was compiled into the program. "LISTEN interface port" Bind a listening port to the interface specified by its Internet address. This may be useful on hosts with multiple interfaces. You should not rely exclusively on this for security, as it can be subverted on many systems. Listen on TCP port port instead of the default value which was compiled into the code. This overrides any value you may have set with configure --with-port. If you don't change it with configure or this value, upsd will listen on port 3493 for this interface. Multiple LISTEN addresses may be specified. The default is to bind to 127.0.0.1 if no LISTEN addresses are specified (and ::1 if IPv6 support is compiled in). LISTEN 127.0.0.1 LISTEN 192.168.50.1 LISTEN ::1 LISTEN 2001:0db8:1234:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7344 This parameter will only be read at startup. You'll need to restart (rather than reload) upsd to apply any changes made here. "MAXCONN connections" This defaults to maximum number allowed on your system. Each UPS, each LISTEN address and each client count as one connection. If the server runs out of connections, it will no longer accept new incoming client connections. Only set this if you know exactly what you're doing. "CERTFILE certificate file" When compiled with SSL support, you can enter the certificate file here. The certificates must be in PEM format and must be sorted starting with the subject's certificate (server certificate), followed by intermediate CA certificates (if applicable_ and the highest level (root) CA. It should end with the server key. See docs/security.txt or the Security chapter of NUT user manual for more information on the SSL support in NUT. SEE ALSO
upsd(8), nutupsdrv(8), upsd.users(5) INTERNET RESOURCES
The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSD.CONF(5)