Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to check on parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check on parameters Post 302524011 by hss on Friday 20th of May 2011 04:15:49 PM
Old 05-20-2011
Ok, now I'm doing it this way, but the other problem is listing the given directory. In my previous script, I had the variable $name, now I havent a variable, so how can I list the content of the given directory without a variable?

Here's the script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -eq 1 ]; then

if [ -d  ]; then
            echo "Correct. Content of the directory:"
            echo
            # HERE I WANT TO LIST THE CONTENT OF THE DIRECTORY
        else
            echo "Directory doesn't exist."
              exit
        fi
else
      echo "More than 1 param."
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parameters check

Is there a way to preform check if the parameters that was send with the command awk -f `file_name.awk` `input_file` before even it gets to the BEGIN section (i have tested a try to check in the BEGIN it doesn't let ,you must make it on the section that after the BEGIN) and then decide if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameters to check while differentiating two servers

Hi All, I have two solaris servers. Please tell me what all parameters i can check to find out the difference between two servers. how to differentiate based on H/W,S/W etc like i have two servers spdwa013 $ uname -an SunOS spdwa013 5.8 Generic_117350-61 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usha rao
1 Replies

4. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check parameters

Hi, I have a script that takes two parameters. I would check the script to run if these parameters are to null or come with the correct data. If those parameters are to null, display a message, so if they come with two facts that are incorrect. As you might see that? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check that passed parameters all have the same extension?

$ ls monkey.txt banana.csv tree.txt $ myscript monkey.txt tree.txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript *txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript monkey.txt banana.csv All extensions are NOT alike. $ myscript * All extensions are NOT alike. My brain has given up; what's the simplest... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check parameters

hi all, i write a script in ksh but i have a problem I want to check the number of parameters while ] do echo "Inserisci la macchina che vuoi restorare o scrivi fine per terminare lo script, puoi restorare" $a "client: " read CLIENT echo $CLIENT the variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancescoIt
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i check if all parameters are set in bash?

Hi, I have 4 parameters passed to my shell and i validate if all four are entered using the following snippet: if then echo "Not entered" else echo "entered" fi I get the following output as 'Not entered even when i enter the values for all prompts. Please advise. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
5 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)