Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting waiting for the files untill they loads Post 302523953 by methyl on Friday 20th of May 2011 11:06:07 AM
Old 05-20-2011
In case there are no files:
Code:
ls -1 *.${todays_date} 2>/dev/null | wc -l

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO CPU Loads

I've been asked to get a breakdown of what is consuming CPU time on our server over an extended period ? Have been asked about the CPU load on our server and I need to be able to go back to my boss and indicate what % is consumed by what process (or group of processes). I.e. 15% is database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. Linux

Details about the way 'gcc' compiles,links and loads?

Hi all, Can any body provide me with a link that gives the core details of the three processes(given below) in concern with 'gcc'? 1)Compiling 2)Linking 3)Loading (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me_himanshu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding loads of columns

Hi All, I've got file1 like this: aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh kkk ppp mmm nnn and file 2 like this: aaa qqq www ddd fff ggg ggg sss zzz ppp vvv yyy and file 3 like this: aaa ggg ppp I need to match the first column of file3 and file1, then add the rest of the file 1 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How OS loads process in memory to execute ?

Hi, I was Googling to get info "How OS loads process into its memory to execute?" i mean when i execute ./<exename> , How OS exectes it? It will be better if i tell my intention, In my $LOGNAME saveral process are running, among all of these two process are my target process. Basically I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
1 Replies

5. Debian

Can't see anything after debian loads

Hey, I recently installed Debian on a desktop PC but when it starts I can't see anything (the monitor say no signal). I don't have any idea or even a way to figure out what going on here since I can't see anything at all not even the console. Is there something that I missed in the install, or is... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
22 Replies

6. Programming

Python pickle.loads(string)

Will this sentence return the decode of the string? Why I put a string in it but the system say: invaild load key (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Henryyy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

launchctl loads app with icon (OS X)

We are deploying an app to our students that is running as a daemon. It keeps them from using certain software. The problem is that when we initially deploy it we don't want to require a restart. So we decided to use launchctl to load the daemon manually. When we do it this way, though, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script parallel tasks and command to wait untill complete?

Hello, im having bash script with while *** command1 && command2 && command3 && done i want to ask how i can prevent overloading server, by waiting untill all commands complete? any low resources intensive command like "wait" - i dont know if exist? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies

9. AIX

Su loads .profile with argument

Hello, Is there any way to su another user and loading its profile with an argument. For example I am user1 and I want to start user2 user2 .profile is interactive asking user to pass some values I want to automate a process by switching user and if I pass an argument the interactive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geodimo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to iterate a function untill last argument with any order of input?

HI I need to get the function "kick" to get executed in any way the parameters are passed in to the function. The parameters are first stored in a dictionary self.otherlist = {} print self.otherlist self.populateTestList(self.system_type) print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
ncftpls(1)						      General Commands Manual							ncftpls(1)

NAME
ncftpls - Internet file transfer program for scripts SYNOPSIS
ncftpls [options] ftp://url.style/host/path/name/ OPTIONS
Command line flags: -1 Most basic format, one item per line. -l Long list format. -R Long list format, recurse subdirectories. Equivalent to "-x -lR". -x -XX Additional ls flags to pass on to the server. -u XX Use username XX instead of anonymous. -p XX Use password XX with the username. -P XX Use port number XX instead of the default FTP service port (21). -d XX Use the file XX for debug logging. -t XX Timeout after XX seconds. -E Use regular (PORT) data connections. -F Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out. -r XX Redial a maximum of XX times until connected to the remote FTP server. -W XX Send raw FTP command XX after logging in. -X XX Send raw FTP command XX after each file transferred. -Y XX Send raw FTP command XX before logging out. The -W, -X, and -Y options are useful for advanced users who need to tweak behavior on some servers. For example, users accessing mainframes might need to send some special SITE commands to set blocksize and record format information. For these options, you can use them multiple times each if you need to send multiple commands. For the -X option, you can use the cookie %s to expand into the name of the file that was transferred. DESCRIPTION
The purpose of ncftpls is to do remote directory listings using the File Transfer Protocol without entering an interactive shell. This lets you write shell scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP. The default behavior is to print the directory listing in columnized format (i.e. ls -CF), but that is not very useful for scripting. This example uses the -1 flag, to print one file per line: $ ncftpls -1 ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ You can also do a remote "ls -l", by using "ncftpls -l". If you want to try other flags, you have to use them with the -x flag. For exam- ple, if you wanted to do a remote "ls -lrt", you could do this: $ ncftpls -x "-lrt" ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ By default the program tries to open the remote host and login anonymously, but you can specify a username and password information like you can with ncftpget or ncftpput. DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpls returns the following exit values: 0 Success. 1 Could not connect to remote host. 2 Could not connect to remote host - timed out. 3 Transfer failed. 4 Transfer failed - timed out. 5 Directory change failed. 6 Directory change failed - timed out. 7 Malformed URL. 8 Usage error. 9 Error in login configuration file. 10 Library initialization failed. 11 Session initialization failed. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (mgleason@ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1), ncftp(1), ftp(1), rcp(1), tftp(1). LibNcFTP (http://www.ncftp.com/libncftp/). Software NcFTP ncftpls(1)