Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to print this using sed?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print this using sed? Post 302523435 by pludi on Thursday 19th of May 2011 12:52:01 AM
Old 05-19-2011
No homework questions in the main forums. There's a special sub forum set aside for that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching and print with sed

Hi It is possible with sed to print a pattern within a line matching regexp? So, the line looks like : 19:00:00 blablablabla jobid 2345 <2> the regexp is "jobid 2345" and the pattern is 56434. That the code for find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to print a ruler

How can I use sed to print rulers of x characters in length on my terminal? For example, I want sed to print a 50-character rule. sed '// p' ?? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to print from the bottom up?

I have file.txt bob jon jones gary I want to print from the botton, up using sed. gary jones jon bob Whats one command I can use to do this? Or will I have to construct a new file that would hold the original file in reverse and then print the reversed file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use variable for sed print line

I'm using the sed command to pull a line from a file and place it into another file: sed -n '1p' students >tmp this pulls the first line, I want to change the 1 to a variable which will be a counter to go through the rest of the lines but can't get it. I've tried: sed -n '$cp students... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atchleykl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk print out

guys... i'm currently trying to parse some html code: <tr class="first" name="bc_10934363" class=""><td class="col1"><div class="ctitle">Some text</div><div class="crec" name="pc_10934363"></div><div class="ctext">Some text</div></td><td class="col2"><div class="ctext">SF zwei</div></td><td... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: domi55
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed | Awk | Print

Hello, ı want to started shell programing. But first, I want to learn ssh code. How can I use this codes ( sed - awk - print ). How do codes work? Thanks.. Best Wishes.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nullsix
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print sed results

Dear all, How can I print results (and of course, send this result to the text file) of sed command. I mean, I want to know which lines of which files sed command has found. For e.g, the result text file should contains: file1.c:line 12 file2.h:line 14 file2.h:line 37 Please help me (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hannibal2010
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hold, Replace and Print with sed

Hi, I'm a newbie with scripting so I'd appreciate any help. I have a file import.txt with below text AA_IDNo=IDNoHere AA_Name=NameHere AA_Address=AddressHere AA_Telephone=TelephoneHere AA_Sex=SexHere AA_Birthday=BirthdayHere What I need is that the Lines for Name, Address and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heretolearn
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for sed replace and print

Hi I am working with sed to get string replace and print all the lines. Cat f1 <text1> tag123 44412c232place1 text456-text= tag12 44412c232place4 jjaa TAG456 44412c232place1066dfdf erer .. i have used this command - sed -n '/tag/ s#place#SomePlace#gp' f1 It gives me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print flag

I have an input file that looks something like this: .... key1: ABC .... key2: DEF .... key1: GGG .... key2: HHH .... The row of dots represents any number of lines that don't contain the strings "key1:" or "key2:" The strings key1: and key2: will always appear alternately as in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmennen
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)