Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML parsing in KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML parsing in KSH Post 302523431 by fpmurphy on Thursday 19th of May 2011 12:41:57 AM
Old 05-19-2011
Sorry to contradict you but the script you came up with is not an XML parser in any shape, fashion or form. It is strictly a shell script. An XML parser is a completely different piece of software.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml

I want to use wget comment to parse an xml parse that exist in an online website. How can I connect it using shell script through Unix and how can I parse it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and getting data from XML file using ksh script

Hi All, I have a xml file for example as described below <xml> <address> <street><street> <address/> <isbn>426728783932020308393930303</isbn> <book> <name> </name> </book> . . . </xml> My problem is to get the isbn number from the above described file using ksh script. Could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have a xml file attached. I need to parse parameterId and its value My output should be like 151515 38 151522 32769 and so on.. Please help me. Its urgent (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

Learned People, Hello ! Till today, for the most part, all of the tricky questions/situations that I encountered were already posted by other folks and all I had to do was peruse through these one at a time and I could find some sort of an answer and all I had to do was add some minor tweaks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing :

HI I want to parse below file in to two output :- Input :- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile xmlns:un="utranNrm.xsd" <configData dnPrefix="Undefined"> <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="C136"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have an xml file where the format looks like below <SESSIONCOMPONENT REFOBJECTNAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Pre-session command"> <TASK DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Command" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
8 Replies
XML_SET_END_NAMESPACE_DECL_HANDLER(3)					 1				     XML_SET_END_NAMESPACE_DECL_HANDLER(3)

xml_set_end_namespace_decl_handler - Set up end namespace declaration handler

SYNOPSIS
bool xml_set_end_namespace_decl_handler (resource $parser, callable $handler) DESCRIPTION
Set a handler to be called when leaving the scope of a namespace declaration. This will be called, for each namespace declaration, after the handler for the end tag of the element in which the namespace was declared. PARAMETERS
o $parser - A reference to the XML parser. o $handler -$handler is a string containing the name of a function that must exist when xml_parse(3) is called for $parser. The function named by $handler must accept two parameters, and should return an integer value. If the value returned from the handler is FALSE (which it will be if no value is returned), the XML parser will stop parsing and xml_get_error_code(3) will return XML_ERROR_EXTERNAL_ENTITY_HANDLING. handler (resource $parser, string $prefix) o $parser - The first parameter, parser, is a reference to the XML parser calling the handler. o $prefix - The prefix is a string used to reference the namespace within an XML object. If a handler function is set to an empty string, or FALSE, the handler in question is disabled. Note Instead of a function name, an array containing an object reference and a method name can also be supplied. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note This event is not supported under LibXML. SEE ALSO
xml_set_start_namespace_decl_handler(3). PHP Documentation Group XML_SET_END_NAMESPACE_DECL_HANDLER(3)