Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Tell us about your most recent system incident Post 302523380 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 05:39:41 PM
Old 05-18-2011
We turned 3 - M4000's into the power of of one v445.

We were required to use SAN that is not fully supported by Solaris 10- Eqallogic PS6000.
Our I/O is beyond pathetic. We have latencies of 300ms on the production SAN. We are playing with data links and other things to get around the fact that the iSCSi initiator cannot create mote than four sessions. Our SAN can handle 16 sessions without even breathing hard. There are loads of problems.

I now know more about scsi_vhci than ever before. Wrote some C system code to look at what the driver thinks it has for parms. Smilie

One of our M4000 boxes when correctly configured, can do 5-10 times what a v445 can do. Our three boxes together cannot even do that, we are so terribly I/O bound.

Oracle Sun contacted us. They plan on driver enhancements (scsi_vhci).

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To keep only the most recent files

Hi all, I'm running on a Sun Solaris machine. I would only want to keep the last 2 most recent files on 1 of my directory. Below shows my script, but it is incomplete. For the ?? part I do not know how to continue. please help:confused: DIR=/tmp/abc OUTPUT=/tmp/output.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies
AUTRACE:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       AUTRACE:(8)

NAME
autrace - a program similar to strace SYNOPSIS
autrace program [-r] [program-args]... DESCRIPTION
autrace is a program that will add the audit rules to trace a process similar to strace. It will then execute the program passing arguments to it. The resulting audit information will be in the audit logs if the audit daemon is running or syslog. This command deletes all audit rules prior to executing the target program and after executing it. As a safety precaution, it will not run unless all rules are deleted with auditctl prior to use. OPTIONS
-r Limit syscalls collected to ones needed for analyzing resource usage. This could help people doing threat modeling. This saves space in logs. EXAMPLES
The following illustrates a typical session: autrace /bin/ls /tmp ausearch --start recent -p 2442 -i and for resource usage mode: autrace -r /bin/ls ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --file --summary ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --host --summary SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Jan 2007 AUTRACE:(8)