Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams. Post 302523210 by danifunny on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 07:32:41 AM
Old 05-18-2011
Quote:
Code:
if java ... ; then
# Process success
fi | tee -a $PathToLog
This works - after a first test - fine for me, the 2 other solutions don't fit my needs for this script, but maybe i'll use them another time Smilie. Thanks a lot!

After some own research today, i came across this solution:
Code:
set -o pipefail

if ( java .... ) | tee -a $PathToLog
then  # Process succes
fi

Can you think of what solution of these two would be the best one?

thanks and greets
danifunny

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem w/ -z && -n switches in an if statment

When ever i run this if statement with the -n OR -z switches it always returns says positive and does "HAVE STUFF". BUT the file does not contain the word optimus in any form. $echo this is mojo > test.file $if ; then >echo HAVE STUFF >else^Jecho NO STUFF >fi HAVE STUFF $if ; then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Linux

Having player problem && need your help.

My System is FC3, The following Players don't run well: 1).Helix Player couldn't play MP3 and *.wma files, 2).Totem is the same, 3)XMMS couldn't play .wma files. I am a newer of Linux,but I like Linux,just as you. Could you help me? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: letcorpmuv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling return & exit statements

I have 2 shell scripts the primary one would load the other one which will have functions defined in it. Script 1: . /apps/bin/Script 2 function if then continue... .... fi Script 2: function() (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Username & password through shell script to java code

Hi, I have a shell script (script.sh) in which we are calling java code which asks for Username: Password: for authentication purpose currently we are passing the credential manually and run the script. but I am trying echo -e "user_id\npassword" | script.sh but its not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
tee(1)								   User Commands							    tee(1)

NAME
tee - replicate the standard output SYNOPSIS
tee [-ai] [file...] DESCRIPTION
The tee utility will copy standard input to standard output, making a copy in zero or more files. tee will not buffer its output. The options determine if the specified files are overwritten or appended to. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. -a Appends the output to the files rather than overwriting them. -i Ignores interrupts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file A path name of an output file. Processing of at least 13 file operands will be supported. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of tee when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of tee: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The standard input was successfully copied to all output files. >0 The number of files that could not be opened or whose status could not be obtained. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cat(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 tee(1)