Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error encountered in creating a filesystem Post 302523109 by zaxxon on Wednesday 18th of May 2011 02:00:00 AM
Old 05-18-2011
What exactly did you select in smit (can check smit.script and smit.log for the issued commands)?
What OS level is it (oslevel -s? Seems there is problems reading and writing to the ODM. No clue why it talks about the TCB.

Did it work ever before? If yes, what has been changed on the system?

Just to make sure it is not some effect of Secure by Default (available from AIX 6.1 or higher) - could you also post the output of
Code:
odmget -q "attribute like SbD_STATE" PdAt

if there is any? Thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 05-18-2011 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: Merging posts because I thought replying to my own post would update my original post as it did once

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Encountered error!

I used this on an AIX machine and encountered the following error. $ ls -l total 600 -rwxrwxrwx 1 e26936 dba 1491 Feb 07 1992 MANIFEST -rwxrwxrwx 1 e26936 dba 8148 Apr 05 1992 Makefile -rwxrwxrwx 1 e26936 dba 4852 Sep 06 2003 README -rwxrwxrwx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
0 Replies

2. AIX

Creating a shared filesystem

Hi everybody, Is it possible to create a Shared Filesystem on Network to be accessed from 2 Systems? Both systems are AIX but with different versions. One of these systems is AIX 4.3 & the other is AIX 5.2. Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
8 Replies

3. Solaris

creating new filesystem

# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 4.5G 4.3G 129M 98% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating filesystem of 2MB size

Hi all, I would like to ask on how to create 2MB partition on a Compact Flash card. It supposed to be of FAT12 type, and the CF capacity is 4GB. I try to do the partitioning and specify the size as 2MB but the partition editor automatically resize it to 8MB. I know that this is possible and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: archayl
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Creating filesystem on new LUN

I'm new to linux and need information on how do I create a filesytem on a dedicated on LUN for RHEL 4 and 5? I want the filesystem to be a ext3 ---------- Post updated at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ---------- Found the answer. This thread can be closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

6. Linux

Creating Filesystem using DD for LVM

I created a new filesystem using dd and mounted: I have a filesystem /FAW with 1Terra space /dev/sdb1 1151331444 24742604 1068104612 3% /FAW Steps I followed to create a new filesystem # dd if=/dev/zero of=/FAW/vms/linux_vm/disk2.img bs=1 count=1024 seek=500G # mke2fs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - continue when encountered division error

Hello, How can I add a logic to awk to tell it to print 0 when encountering a division by zero attempted? Below is the code. Everything in the code works fine except the piece that I want to calculate read/write IO size. I take the kbr / rs and kbw / ws. There are times when the iostat data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyd
5 Replies

8. AIX

Process using/creating files in the filesystem

Hello Team, In a application filesystem, there is a process keep creating the log files. Due to that the filesystem keep getting full. Please let me know how to identify the process which is keep writing in the filesystem. fuser -u <FS> will show only the user who using the filesystem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notify as soon as an error is encountered in a script

Hi, The script below works okay and emails me the log in the end once the script completes but what I'm trying to do is to also notify me via an email as soon as the script encounters any error whatsoever. cat test.list hdisk0 00a6351a2c832da1 rootvg ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating filesystem in LDOMs

Hi, I have a task of creating a UFS filesystem in an LDOM. It is located in a hypervisor (CDOM). The storage has been provisioned to the CDOM. How do I make it reflect to the LDOM, and then from there configure/set up the filesystem in the LDOM? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)