Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pthread attr setting doesn't work before thread create? Post 302523020 by DGPickett on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 01:26:34 PM
Old 05-17-2011
Perhaps your thread lacked PTHREAD_SCOPE_SYSTEM, i.e., was not a lwp, so the lwp and its scheduling nice-ness is that of the parent.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -d doesn't work on Solaris

Hello, the ls -d command to only list directories in a directory doesn't seem to work on Solaris and the man command says to use that combination: ls -d Anyone have the same problem and find a resolve? Thanks BobK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh doesn't work

Hi, I need to use remsh inside a ksh script. The script would remsh to another machine (maybe different OS) and then execute commands. A Simple Script: #!/usr/bin/ksh remsh sun7656 -l myuser "cd /user.3/MyFolder; ls -lart" But this gives me the error: permission denied I also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script.. it Just doesn't work

Hello,, Im verry new to scripting and have some problems with this script i made.. What it does: It checks a directory for a new directory and then issues a couple of commands. checks sfv - not doing right now checks rar - it checks if theres a rar file and when there is it skips to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo doesn't work right

Hi,when I run my first shell script,I got something that doesn't work right. I wrote this code in the script. echo -e "Hello,World\a\n"But the screen print like this: -e Hello,World The "-e" wasn't supposed to be printed out. Can anyone help me out?:wall: Many thanks!:) (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon
25 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeout doesn't work, please help me

#!/bin/sh trap "cleanup" TERM timeout=5 mainpid=$$ cleanup() { echo "at $i interupt" kill -9 0 } watchdog() { sleep $1 } (watchdog $timeout && kill -TERM $mainpid) & run_test() (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
10 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread / post doesn't open

Dear colleagues, this post doesn't open; error message: Anything we / I can do? Rgds Rüdiger (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
0 Replies
pthread_get_nice_np(3T) 												   pthread_get_nice_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_get_nice_np(), pthread_set_nice_np() - get or set the nice value of a thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread The thread whose nice value is to be set/retrieved. nice_val Value of nice to be applied to the target thread is returned (get function) or it specifies the new value of nice for thread (set function). DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set and retrieve the nice value of an individual thread. returns the current nice value setting of the target thread and stores it in nice_val. adds the value of nice_val to the current nice value of the target thread. A thread's nice value is a non-negative number. The system imposes a minimum nice value of 0 and a maximum of 39 with lower nice values providing more favorable scheduling. If calling results in a nice value outside the range of 0 to 39, the value will be set to the nearest limit. A process must have appropriate privileges to lower a thread's nice value. The function allows individual threads in the process to have different nice values. returns the current nice value less 20 and will be in the range -20 to +19. The nice value of only system scope threads can be changed. An attempt to change the nice value of a process-scope thread will result in a return value of Calling on a thread that has a scheduling policy other than will have an effect only when the thread's scheduling policy changes to If a thread calls the system call to create a new process, the new process inherits the process-level nice value. Calling to create a new thread will result in the new thread inheriting the creating thread's nice value. Note If the nice value of the entire process is changed through or all the threads in the process will have their nice values reset to the new process-level nice value. The new process's nice value setting overwrites the old thread's setting. Thus its possible that a thread whose nice value had been set higher than the process-level nice value have its nice value lowered as a result of the process-level re-nicing. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error: A process-scope thread was specified. The caller does not have permission to lower the nice value specified in nice_val. No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), nice(2), setpriority(2), pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3T), pthread_setschedparam(3T). Pthread Library pthread_get_nice_np(3T)