Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "PANIC CPU" ERROR MESSAGE
Operating Systems Solaris "PANIC CPU" ERROR MESSAGE Post 302522324 by bartus11 on Saturday 14th of May 2011 11:06:12 AM
Old 05-14-2011
Restore /opt from the most recent backup Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

2. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suppressing an error message using the "ls" command

hi I'm new here so my question maybe be retarded or out of place: Is there a way to suppress the "No such file or directory" error message when using the "ls" command ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: basher400
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx error message -- "me": not a group

Hi all, When I tried to use mailx like mailx -s "test" someone@somedomain.com < myfile , mailx replies with "me": not a group. Mail did get sent though. So how to deal with this "me": not a group response. I guess it is because some property was not set properly. Because mailx worked well... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cannot register due to "spam" error message

Hi all, I am trying to register but it seems my IP address is being seen or black listed as a spam address. I get the following message: "Registration denied. Sorry, The UNIX and Linux Forums runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via by posting in this forum if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
0 Replies

6. SCO

"PANIC: k_trap" error

hi I've virtualized physical SCO 5.0.6 on ESX 4 according to: Blog du DS45: HOWTO SCO P2V in the real life SCO starts with the network, but during shutdown I'm getting this message: PANIC: k_trap. My /etc/default/boot: # cat /etc/default/boot #ScoAdminInit BOOTMNT {RO RW NO} RO... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command gives "Not a directory" error message

The operating system is Solaris. There is a perl interpreter that is located at /opt/perl5.10.0/perl. when i give ls -ltr /opt/perl5.10.0/perl I get an error message saying that "/opt/perl5.10.0/perl Not a directory" At the next instant when i give the same command it lists the properties of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-b|--backup_number VolumeGroupBackupNumber] [-d|--debug] [-f|--file VGConfPath] [-l[l]|--list [--list]] [-h|--help] [-i|--ignore_size] [-n|--name VolumeGroupName] [-o|--oldpath OldPhysicalVolumePath] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [PhysicalVolumePath] DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the volume group descriptor area from backup files in /etc/lvmconf or from VGConfPath to the given Phys- icalVolumePath. The default backup file is /etc/lvmconf/VolumeGroupName.conf. This command DOES NOT restore data contained in logical volume(s), only the LVM configuration metadata! OPTIONS -b, --backup_numberVolumeGroupBackupNumber Restore from the specified backup number. Use together with option -n which gives the name of the volume group. See examples below. -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -f, --file VGConfPath Restore from the specified path. Useful for selection of specific backups in the backup history or for copies of VGDA backups. -i, --ignore_size Restore though the size of the physical volume doesn't match the one in the backup. -l, --list Display volume group information contained in the backup file. If given twice, the physical and logical volume information con- tained in the backup file is also shown. -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -n, --name VolumeGroupName Do a restore for this volume group name. -o, --oldpath OldPhysicalVolumePath If the path to the physical volume has changed between backup time and restore time, this option enables you to choose the corre- sponding physical volume path in the backup file. -t, --test Do a test run reading the volume group backup WITHOUT trying to restore it -v, --verbose Give verbose runtime information about vgcfgrestore's activities. --version Output the version number and exit successfully. Examples To display information like with "vgdisplay vg00" stored in the backup file /etc/lvmconf/vg00.conf: vgcfgrestore -n vg00 -l To restore the VGDA of vg00 from the alternative backup file /tmp/vg00-old to physical volume /dev/sdn1: vgcfgrestore -f /tmp/vg00-old -n vg00 /dev/sdn1 To restore the VGDA of vg00 from the alternative backup file /etc/lvmconf/vg00.conf.5.old to physical volume /dev/sda5 : vgcfgrestore -n vg00 -b 5 /dev/sda5 DIAGNOSTICS
vgcfgrestore returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 no physical volume on command line 2 invalid physical volume name 3 volume group is active 4 error doing restore to physical volume 5 backup is invalid for this volume group 6 volume group is inconsistent 7 physical volume doesn't belong to volume group backup 8 error reading physical volume 9 error getting size of physical volume 10 error writing VGDA to physical volume(s) 11 error removing special files of volume group 12 error setting volume group into lvmtab 13 error doing backup 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcfgbackup(8), vgcreate(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS VGCFGRESTORE(8)