Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a syllable concordance Post 302522297 by gimley on Saturday 14th of May 2011 08:21:21 AM
Old 05-14-2011
Sorry,
I used to work in C and Java and am still learning Perl and Awk. The programs are faster and do much better work than a long program in C. Guess I still have a long way to go in Perl.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CREATING A SYLLABLE CONCORDANCE WITH POSITIONAL VARIANTS

Hello, Some time back I had posted a request for a syllable concordance in which if a syllable was provided in a file, the program would extract a word from a file entitled "Corpus" matching that syllable. The program was The following script was provided which did the job and for which I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syllable splitter in Perl

Hello, I am a relative newbie and want to split Names in English into syllables. Does anyone know of a perl script which does that. Since my main area is linguistics, I would be happy to add rules to it and post the perl script back for other users. I tried the CPan perl modules but they don't... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a clustering concordance for a Perso-Arabic script

I am working on a database of a language using Arabic Script. One of the major issues is that the shape of the characters changes according to their initial, medial or final positioning. Another major issue is that of the clustering of vowels within the word: the clustering changes totally the... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying an awk script for syllable splitting

I have found this syllable splitter in awk. The code is given below. Basically the script cuts words and names into syllables. However it fails when the word contains 2 consonants which constitute a single syllable. An example is given below ashford raphael The output is as under: ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Syllable count mismatch

Hello, I have written a syllable splitter for Pseudo English and Indic. I have a large database with the following structure Syllables in Pseudo English delimited by |=Syllables in Devanagari delimited by | The tool produces syllables in both scripts. An example is given below: ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
CLASP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CLASP(1)

NAME
clasp - a conflict-driven nogood learning answer set solver SYNOPSIS
clasp [number][options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clasp command. clasp is an answer set solver for (extended) normal logic programs. It combines the high-level modeling capacities of answer set program- ming (ASP) with state-of-the-art techniques from the area of Boolean constraint solving. The primary clasp algorithm relies on conflict- driven nogood learning, a technique that proved very successful for satisfiability checking (SAT). Unlike other learning ASP solvers, clasp does not rely on legacy software, such as a SAT solver or any other existing ASP solver. Rather, clasp has been genuinely developed for answer set solving based on conflict-driven nogood learning. clasp can be applied as an ASP solver (on LPARSE output format), as a SAT solver (on simplified DIMACS/CNF format), or as a PB solver (on OPB format). OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see <http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/clasp/>. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
gringo(1). AUTHOR
clasp was written by Benjamin Kaufmann <kaufmann@cs.uni-potsdam.de>. This manual page was written by Thomas Krennwallner <tkren@kr.tuwien.ac.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 4, 2010 CLASP(1)