Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ifconfig -a vs dladm show-dev and IP ? Post 302522203 by dehetoxic on Friday 13th of May 2011 04:36:05 PM
Old 05-13-2011
thanks guy....prtdiag output

Code:
# prtconf -D | grep network
        network, instance #0 (driver name: nxge)
        network, instance #1 (driver name: nxge)
                network, instance #0 (driver name: e1000g)
                network, instance #1 (driver name: e1000g)
                network, instance #2 (driver name: e1000g)
                network, instance #3 (driver name: e1000g)
                network, instance #4 (driver name: e1000g)
                network, instance #5 (driver name: e1000g)

so this output mean, i have 2 cards with nxge0 and nxge1........AND e1000g0 e1000g1 ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

dladm use

Thanks to DukeNuke for the suggestion of dladm before. I was able to upgrade my machine to Solaris 10. I am checking out the sue of dladm, but I am a bit confused. In order to team 2 NIC ports together on my qud ethernet card do I just do this: dladm create aggr -d ce0 -d ce1 key Do I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]Show ifconfig in the seven segment display

dear all,, can i showing ip address in the seven segment display? #ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 in the seven segment display will show the ip address like i'm typing in the shell...if the ip address has changed in the shell then in the seven segment display change too... plis help me about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: demhyt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ifconfig -a for rtls0 does not show RUNNING

Hi, I have freshly installed solaris 10 update 5 on my desktop, and during the installation, I specified a static IP address, gateway, netmask. When I run "ifconfig rtls0" after the installation, I get the following message #ifconfig rtls0 rtls0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishisthere
8 Replies

5. Solaris

remove interface from dladm

Greetings how can i remove an interface from dladm? i want to remove ce3 and ce4 which are not even plumbed but still shown in dladm output :( dladm show-dev ce0 link: unknown speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full ce1 link: unknown speed: 1000 Mbps duplex:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
3 Replies

6. Solaris

[beginner] dladm create-bridge

hello everyone, I'm a new user and unix-beginner. I've just installer solaris 11 on my home server, disabled some services, created a fallback BE, enabled speedstep, etc and now I'm trying to create some zones. I'd like to have an exclusive ip zone and, as far as I know, I sould assignate it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimj
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11.4.2.3.0 - dladm link names mapping

Hi all, I have never wondered where is the mapping of the link names to physical device path display under dladm show-phys until today. fmadm list reported nic port failure and i am trying to mapped it to the correct linkname in dladm show-link / dladm show-phys to see if the link is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
qassociate(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					    qassociate(9F)

NAME
qassociate - associate STREAMS queue with driver instance SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stream.h> #include <sys/stropts.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int qassociate(queue_t *q, int instance); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required for drivers which export cb_ops(9S) entry points. PARAMETERS
queue_t *q Pointer to a queue(9S) structure. Either the read or write queue can be used. int instance Driver instance number or -1. DESCRIPTION
The qassociate() function associates the specified STREAMS queue with the specified instance of the bottom driver in the queue. Upon suc- cessful return, the stream is associated with the instance with any prior association dissolved. A DLPI style-2 driver calls qassociate() while processing the DL_ATTACH_REQ message. The driver is also expected to call this interface while performing stream associations through other means, such as ndd(1M) ioctl commands. If instance is -1, the stream is left unassociated with any hardware instance. If the interface returns failure, the stream is not associated with the specified instance. Any prior association is left untouched. The interface typically fails because of failure to locate and attach the device instance. The interface never fails if the specified instance is -1. CONTEXT
qassociate() can be called from the stream's put(9E) entry point. RETURN VALUES
0 Success. -1 Failure. EXAMPLES
A Style-2 network driver's DL_ATTACH_REQ code would specify: if (qassociate(q, instance) != 0) goto fail; The association prevents Dynamic Reconfiguration (DR) from detaching the instance. A Style-2 network driver's DL_DETACH code would specify: (void) qassociate(q, -1); This dissolves the queue's association with any device instance. A Style-2 network driver's open(9E) code must call: qassociate(q, -1); This informs the framework that this driver has been modified to be DDI-compliant. SEE ALSO
dlpi(7P), open(9E), put(9E), ddi_no_info(9F), queue(9S) SunOS 5.10 9 Jul 2002 qassociate(9F)