Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues using array credentials to read contents of a file Post 302522133 by Corona688 on Friday 13th of May 2011 11:10:22 AM
Old 05-13-2011
Maybe if you posted your actual code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I assign the contents of file into an array?

I am trying to assign the contents of file e.g ls "$HOME" into an array. If it is possible then please guide me without using the concept of awk,sed, and perl16 Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare array contents with file

I have an array "arrA" with the following contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf My data file "Files.dat" has the same contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf I have a script that compares... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read contents from a file

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum. Just struck up with a logic. I have a csv file seperated by ":" (colons). This csv file contains hostname and groups as follows: HOSTNAME:VT Group SGSGCT2AVPX001:Team1 SGSGCT2AVPX003:Team2 SGSGCT2AVPX005:Team2 PHMNCTTAVPX001:Team3 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to read the contents of each field of a file creating user accounts. The file will be of format : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read contents of file?

I have made a script something like this. I want it to read the contents of either file or directory but 'cat' and 'ls' is not working. Can anyone help me? I am a newbie in scripting so dont know much about it. I also dont know how can i put my code separatly on this forum #!/bin/bash echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write array contents to file

Hi, I have a bash script that currently holds some data. I am trying to write all the contents to a file called temp.txt. I am using echo ${array} > temp.txt The problem that I am experiencing is that the elements are being written horizontally in the file. I want them written... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
5 Replies

8. Programming

read() contents from a file

Hi, I'm trying to implement a C program on ubuntu which reads the contents of a file that is passed in as an argument and then displays it to the screen. So far I've cobbled together this from bits online but most of it is probably wrong as its all copied and pasted... #include <stdio.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cylus99
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Place the contents of a .CSV file to an array

Hi, I am trying to place the contents of a .CSV file to an array, but not sure how to do that. Here is my .CSV file content: App,SLA,Job name,Avg start time,Avg run time,Frequency,Downstream apps XYZ,,ABC14345,3:00 AM,00.04.00,Daily,STAMP XYZ,9:00,ABC12345,3:15 AM,00.05.00,Daily,STAMP ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
4 Replies
RDMA_POST_RECVV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					RDMA_POST_RECVV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_recvv - post a work request to receive incoming messages. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_recvv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, struct ibv_sge *sgl, int nsge); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer(s) will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. sgl A scatter-gather list of memory buffers posted as a single request. nsge The number of scatter-gather entries in the sgl array. DESCRIPTION
Posts a single work request to the receive queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The posted buffers will be queued to receive an incoming message sent by the remote peer. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that the receive is posted, and the total buffer space is large enough to contain all sent data before the peer posts the corresponding send message. The message buffers must have been registered before being posted, and the buffers must remain registered until the receive completes. Messages may be posted to an rdma_cm_id only after a queue pair has been associated with it. A queue pair is bound to an rdma_cm_id after calling rdma_create_ep or rdma_create_qp, if the rdma_cm_id is allocated using rdma_create_id. The user-defined context associated with the receive request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_create_id(3), rdma_create_ep(3), rdma_create_qp(3), rdma_reg_read(3), ibv_reg_mr(3), ibv_dereg_mr(3), rdma_post_recv(3), rdma_post_send(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_RECVV(3)