Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000 Post 302522098 by aixlover on Friday 13th of May 2011 10:12:31 AM
Old 05-13-2011
XSCF prompt disappeared after "version -c xcp" entered.

The other testing Sun M5000's XSCF is working fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

M5000 servers - XSCF functions

Hi all A couple of new M5000 servers will be arriving soon and I need to work out how to configure the underlying domains. It will come with 4 x CPUS, 32 Gb of memory, 4 x HD, 2 x IOtrays. Reading the XSCF manual, I can configure the item into 2 domains, something about uni / quad xsb.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun M5K XSCF Mail Report Configuration Issue

Hi, I am now trying to setup XSCF mail reporting for a Sun M5K. There is no mail server here. Each Sun box is both its mail receiver and sender by using mailx. Mailx is working fine on this M5K. XSCF> setsmtp Mail Server : Port : Authentication Mechanism : Reply Address: What should I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? Thank... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun M5000, xscf showdevices questions

Hi, I've configured this Sun M5000 to use two system domains (added a second domain to it). The following is the info about the settings. The showdevices command can't show devices on domain 1 because Solaris is not loaded on it yet. My question: How can I confirm the hardware devices such as... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Hardware

Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

M5000 XSCF Console disconnecting when putty session is closed

Hi, I would appreciate some help. I remotely access, across a VPN, an M5000 and when I connect to the XSCF I can then access the OS using console -d0 and then I can get to the console. The problem I have is that I need to run something which will take many hours and I can't run it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB in XSCF on M5000

Trying to update my M5000 firmware. trying to mount my USB to upload firmware and getting the following message. XSCF> getflashimage -v file:///media/usb_msd/FFXCP1115.tar.gz Free space: 97MB Making sure mount point is clear umount: /media/usb_msd is not mounted (according to mtab) Trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

9. Solaris

M5000 XSCF upgrade, query about OBP

Hi, I'm planning to upgrade the XSCF firmware on an M5000, and have a question regarding the OBP part of the upgrade. At the moment, the system looks like this: XCP0 (Current): 1100 OpenBoot PROM : 02.18.0000 XSCF : 01.10.0000 root@server01 # /usr/sbin/prtconf -V OBP 4.24.15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies
seesat5(1)						      General Commands Manual							seesat5(1)

NAME
seesat5 - provides satellite visibility information. SYNOPSIS
seesat5 [ report ] [ go <Label> ] | [ <command> ... ] DESCRIPTION
This program uses the sgp4 algorithm provided by NORAD to produce position information on a satellite. Seesat5 can produce tracking infor- mation for one satellite over a period of several days, or for a collection of satellites over that period. By providing filter conditions seesat5 prints out only those satellites you might have a chance to see rather than all the satellites that pass above the horizon. Seesat5 is typically run by placing control commands into an init file called SEESAT5.INI. See seesat5 (7) for the description of these commands. If there is no init file Seesat5 will present the operator with a '>' prompt where commands can be entered. From the prompt seesat5 will begin analysis when sufficient parameters have been entered to begin the run. Seesat5 uses selection conditions to filter the data so that only high and bright satellites are printed. Note that the selection condi- tions are used to select whether or not the current passes data will be printed. If it is printed, then the complete pass data is printed. ie. all data from when the satellite comes over the horizon until it goes below. For lines that satisfied ALL the selection conditions, a "+" sign is printed as the first character. Options report This option will disable printing of report records in the output of the run. These include all command lines found in SEESAT5.INI or entered from the command line or the prompt. go Followed by a label, this option causes branching within the SEESAT5.INI to begin execution at the line following label. Branching occurs when the cmdline command is executed in the SEESAT5.INI file. command Most of the commands that can be found in SEESAT5.INI can be entered on the command line. If you desire the SEESAT5.INI file to exe- cute after the command line be sure to make the last command RET. FILES
SEESAT5.INI The control file for seesat5 *.tle Two line element files used by seesat5. SEE ALSO
seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5), cr(1) BUGS
Seesat5 is not always able to check data integrity. Since computation and output is driven by the data in the two line element, subtle errors in a tle can cause floating point exceptions. In addition there are several commands that do not work well together, like SHOWTLE and RUNTIME. Please report any problems with seesat5 to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 28 March 96 seesat5(1)