Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000 Post 302522089 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 13th of May 2011 09:42:09 AM
Old 05-13-2011
did the "version -c xcp" returned a value? if yes, what is it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

M5000 servers - XSCF functions

Hi all A couple of new M5000 servers will be arriving soon and I need to work out how to configure the underlying domains. It will come with 4 x CPUS, 32 Gb of memory, 4 x HD, 2 x IOtrays. Reading the XSCF manual, I can configure the item into 2 domains, something about uni / quad xsb.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun M5K XSCF Mail Report Configuration Issue

Hi, I am now trying to setup XSCF mail reporting for a Sun M5K. There is no mail server here. Each Sun box is both its mail receiver and sender by using mailx. Mailx is working fine on this M5K. XSCF> setsmtp Mail Server : Port : Authentication Mechanism : Reply Address: What should I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? Thank... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun M5000, xscf showdevices questions

Hi, I've configured this Sun M5000 to use two system domains (added a second domain to it). The following is the info about the settings. The showdevices command can't show devices on domain 1 because Solaris is not loaded on it yet. My question: How can I confirm the hardware devices such as... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Hardware

Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

M5000 XSCF Console disconnecting when putty session is closed

Hi, I would appreciate some help. I remotely access, across a VPN, an M5000 and when I connect to the XSCF I can then access the OS using console -d0 and then I can get to the console. The problem I have is that I need to run something which will take many hours and I can't run it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB in XSCF on M5000

Trying to update my M5000 firmware. trying to mount my USB to upload firmware and getting the following message. XSCF> getflashimage -v file:///media/usb_msd/FFXCP1115.tar.gz Free space: 97MB Making sure mount point is clear umount: /media/usb_msd is not mounted (according to mtab) Trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

9. Solaris

M5000 XSCF upgrade, query about OBP

Hi, I'm planning to upgrade the XSCF firmware on an M5000, and have a question regarding the OBP part of the upgrade. At the moment, the system looks like this: XCP0 (Current): 1100 OpenBoot PROM : 02.18.0000 XSCF : 01.10.0000 root@server01 # /usr/sbin/prtconf -V OBP 4.24.15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies
wsreg_query_set_version(3WSREG) 		    Product Install Registry Library Functions			   wsreg_query_set_version(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_query_set_version, wsreg_query_get_version - set or get the version of a query SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ... -lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_query_set_version(Wsreg_query *query, const char *version); char *wsreg_query_get_version(const Wsreg_query *query); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_query_set_version() function sets the version specified by version in the query specified by query. If a version has already been set in the specified query, the resources associated with the previously set version are released. The wsreg_query_get_version() function gets the version string from the query specified by query. The resulting string is not a copy and must not be released by the caller. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_query_set_version() function returns a non-zero value if the version was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_query_get_version() function returns the version from the specified query. If no version has been set, NULLt is returned. The resulting version string is not a copy and must not be released by the caller. USAGE
The query identifies fields used to search for a specific component in the product install registry. By specifying the version, the compo- nent search is narrowed to all components in the product install registry that have the specified version. Other fields can be specified in the same query to further narrow the search. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_get(3WSREG), wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), wsreg_query_create(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_query_set_version(3WSREG)