Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux PXE Very Slow During the installation. Post 302522072 by fpmurphy on Friday 13th of May 2011 09:16:47 AM
Old 05-13-2011
TFTP can be quite slow because it uses UDP and default packet sizes are typically 512-bytes. Try increasing the packet size.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Checking for PXE

Hi! Is there any possibility to determine whether some Solaris machine has PXE enabled? I need some kind of a utility, which I could invoke remotely. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro@altiris
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

PXE boot port issue

Hi,all: I want to boot an IA unix box from network, I am sure I set the DHCP and boot server, but it still failed ! It says : Client MAC Address: 00 18 FE 28 91 82 .....- PXE-E16: Valid PXE offer not received. Load of Core LAN Gb A failed: Not Found I use the nettl command to trace the UDP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluepluto
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting up a PXE Boot Server

I've set up a PXE boot server and I'm having a slight snag in the booting process. On the client machine, DHCP renders fine and TFTP seems to begin but then the system hangs. On the server, the error message "Client does not accept options" occurs -- which from reading online is a common message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

PXE Kickstart not happening

We have a lab where installation is done through PXE . The installation always run fine usually but suddenly we are getting the below mentioned error any idea whats happening ? ==quote== | Erros parsing Kickstart Config | The following error was found while parsing your kickstart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thevishy
0 Replies

6. Solaris

PXE boot problems in Solaris 10

Hi folks, I was trying to setup Network based NFS installation with PXE. I'm using virtual box for this purpose. I have one redhat (DHCP) server and Solaris 10 (Install server - Source) and on the other one am trying to install solaris using PXE. As in, dhcp address and boot file can be fetched... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaytrendz
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Interactive PXE Boot Menu

I have been asked to modify our PXE server such that there will be only one entry in the pxelinux.cfg/default file, where the same kernel and initrd.img will be used regardless of what operating system is to be installed, and the user will type in the path to the kickstart file that will be used. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceb
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

pxe boot server

Hi Hoping someone can help ove setup a pxe/dhcp boot server for auto installs on centos My server seems to be providing dhcp fine but the installation fails to progress when it reaches the pxe boot menu. I make my selection and nothing happens. I am serving the media via http from the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
3 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_pkt_edns, ldns_pkt_edns_udp_size, ldns_pkt_edns_extended_rcode, ldns_pkt_edns_version, ldns_pkt_edns_z, ldns_pkt_edns_data, ldns_pkt_set_edns_udp_size, ldns_pkt_set_edns_extended_rcode, ldns_pkt_set_edns_version, ldns_pkt_set_edns_z, ldns_pkt_set_edns_data- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> bool ldns_pkt_edns(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint16_t ldns_pkt_edns_udp_size(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint8_t ldns_pkt_edns_extended_rcode(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint8_t ldns_pkt_edns_version(const ldns_pkt *packet); uint16_t ldns_pkt_edns_z(const ldns_pkt *packet); ldns_rdf* ldns_pkt_edns_data(const ldns_pkt *packet); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_udp_size(ldns_pkt *packet, uint16_t s); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_extended_rcode(ldns_pkt *packet, uint8_t c); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_version(ldns_pkt *packet, uint8_t v); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_z(ldns_pkt *packet, uint16_t z); void ldns_pkt_set_edns_data(ldns_pkt *packet, ldns_rdf *data); DESCRIPTION
ldns_pkt_edns() returns true if this packet needs and EDNS rr to be sent. At the moment the only reason is an expected packet size larger than 512 bytes, but for instance dnssec would be a good reason too. packet: the packet to check Returns true if packet needs edns rr ldns_pkt_edns_udp_size() return the packet's edns udp size packet: the packet Returns the size ldns_pkt_edns_extended_rcode() return the packet's edns extended rcode packet: the packet Returns the rcode ldns_pkt_edns_version() return the packet's edns version packet: the packet Returns the version ldns_pkt_edns_z() return the packet's edns z value packet: the packet Returns the z value ldns_pkt_edns_data() return the packet's edns data packet: the packet Returns the data ldns_pkt_set_edns_udp_size() Set the packet's edns udp size packet: the packet s: the size ldns_pkt_set_edns_extended_rcode() Set the packet's edns extended rcode packet: the packet c: the code ldns_pkt_set_edns_version() Set the packet's edns version packet: the packet v: the version ldns_pkt_set_edns_z() Set the packet's edns z value packet: the packet z: the value ldns_pkt_set_edns_data() Set the packet's edns data packet: the packet data: the data AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_pkt. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)