Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to Declare 5 values to one variable with OR operation Post 302522054 by kumaran_5555 on Friday 13th of May 2011 07:37:51 AM
Old 05-13-2011
Code:
>for x in {NY,ORD,TX,CL}
> do
> echo "DROP TABLE ABC_"$x"_TBL"
> done

DROP TABLE ABC_NY_TBL
DROP TABLE ABC_ORD_TBL
DROP TABLE ABC_TX_TBL
DROP TABLE ABC_CL_TBL

How are you planing to execute these statements in sql prompt.

---------- Post updated at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:01 PM ----------

Code:
for x in {AA,BB,CC}; do echo "DROP TABLE A_"$x"_TBL"; done |isql db_name db_user

This User Gave Thanks to kumaran_5555 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

declare number variable in csh

Hi frind, i="1" while do echo "i is $i" data_file=$HYP_ROOT/import/efcextr$i.txt echo "$data_file" i=`expr $i + 1` done This is woring finly in ksh but not in ksh. in ksh it showing error i=1: Command not found i: Undefined variable Kindly help me ...why it is showing the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
1 Replies

2. Programming

declare a variable in mysql

i have created a script to insert 100K rows into mysql db. But the forst line where i declare the variable is giving error. I am new to mysql. Can anyone help me in this? the script is ====================================== DECLARE c INT(10) := 54; BEGIN WHILE c <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to declare a variable in Cygwin

I recently installed Cygwin on my windows vista to practice on Linux\unix commands. I am unable to do a simple task of declaring variables on the command prompt I am trying: $ vech=Bus $ echo $vech bash: vech : command not found What am I missing? Do i need to add something to .bashrc? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

declare variable

hi to all, i am trying to declare a variable as an integer in unix shell script. i search the web for a way to do it but it doesnt work. i tried "define -i" and "declare" but that doesnt work. if somebody knows another way to declare a variable as integer please help me. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare a variable which can be accessed globally

Hi I've few shell scripts which are responsible for triggering the continuous builds for a specific module. Each shell script is for a Module. Shell script has some module specific settings in the beginning and then it triggers the builds (which are nothing but some combination of Java programs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgsrinivas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[CSH]legal to declare a variable like this

I am trying to declare a variable like this #!/bin/csh -f set c_arg = $a $b $c However, since i need it to declare before declaring $a ,$b or $c. As of now i am getting an error which says $a not defined. Is it possible to define a variable c_arg w/o interpreting the values $a $b $c (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to declare variable in perl

how can i declare variable in perl. for BLOCK in /sys/block/emcpow* (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic operation in variable

Hi, Here is the script i try to perform arithmetic operation in two variables . git branch -r | while read brname ; do REV_COMMITS=`git rev-list --count $brname` echo "$brname has $REV_COMMITS" (( TOTAL = TOTAL + REV_COMMITS )) echo "in loop" $TOTAL done echo "total is " $TOTAL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declare and grep a variable via ssh/remote/loop

If I am running a bash command, and some awk getting the ethernet adapter on the local machine. It works fine. But if I will run it from the remote, it is EMPTY on echo and throwing error in grep. Thank you This work perfectly fine $ f=`/sbin/ip a|grep 127.127 | awk '{print $NF }' ` ; ip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
DROP 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands DROP ROLE(7) NAME
DROP ROLE - remove a database role SYNOPSIS
DROP ROLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] DESCRIPTION
DROP ROLE removes the specified role(s). To drop a superuser role, you must be a superuser yourself; to drop non-superuser roles, you must have CREATEROLE privilege. A role cannot be removed if it is still referenced in any database of the cluster; an error will be raised if so. Before dropping the role, you must drop all the objects it owns (or reassign their ownership) and revoke any privileges the role has been granted. The REASSIGN OWNED [reassign_owned(7)] and DROP OWNED [drop_owned(7)] commands can be useful for this purpose. However, it is not necessary to remove role memberships involving the role; DROP ROLE automatically revokes any memberships of the target role in other roles, and of other roles in the target role. The other roles are not dropped nor otherwise affected. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the role does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of the role to remove. NOTES
PostgreSQL includes a program dropuser [dropuser(1)] that has the same functionality as this command (in fact, it calls this command) but can be run from the command shell. EXAMPLES
To drop a role: DROP ROLE jonathan; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard defines DROP ROLE, but it allows only one role to be dropped at a time, and it specifies different privilege requirements than PostgreSQL uses. SEE ALSO
CREATE ROLE [create_role(7)], ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)], SET ROLE [set_role(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP ROLE(7)