Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux PXE Very Slow During the installation. Post 302521807 by sixstrings on Thursday 12th of May 2011 10:17:33 AM
Old 05-12-2011
My first thought is the network, maybe a duplex mismatch. I don't see anything in the config file that would make it slow.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Checking for PXE

Hi! Is there any possibility to determine whether some Solaris machine has PXE enabled? I need some kind of a utility, which I could invoke remotely. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro@altiris
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

PXE boot port issue

Hi,all: I want to boot an IA unix box from network, I am sure I set the DHCP and boot server, but it still failed ! It says : Client MAC Address: 00 18 FE 28 91 82 .....- PXE-E16: Valid PXE offer not received. Load of Core LAN Gb A failed: Not Found I use the nettl command to trace the UDP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluepluto
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting up a PXE Boot Server

I've set up a PXE boot server and I'm having a slight snag in the booting process. On the client machine, DHCP renders fine and TFTP seems to begin but then the system hangs. On the server, the error message "Client does not accept options" occurs -- which from reading online is a common message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

PXE Kickstart not happening

We have a lab where installation is done through PXE . The installation always run fine usually but suddenly we are getting the below mentioned error any idea whats happening ? ==quote== | Erros parsing Kickstart Config | The following error was found while parsing your kickstart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thevishy
0 Replies

6. Solaris

PXE boot problems in Solaris 10

Hi folks, I was trying to setup Network based NFS installation with PXE. I'm using virtual box for this purpose. I have one redhat (DHCP) server and Solaris 10 (Install server - Source) and on the other one am trying to install solaris using PXE. As in, dhcp address and boot file can be fetched... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaytrendz
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Interactive PXE Boot Menu

I have been asked to modify our PXE server such that there will be only one entry in the pxelinux.cfg/default file, where the same kernel and initrd.img will be used regardless of what operating system is to be installed, and the user will type in the path to the kickstart file that will be used. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceb
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

pxe boot server

Hi Hoping someone can help ove setup a pxe/dhcp boot server for auto installs on centos My server seems to be providing dhcp fine but the installation fails to progress when it reaches the pxe boot menu. I make my selection and nothing happens. I am serving the media via http from the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
3 Replies
sg_get_network_iface_stats(3)				     Library Functions Manual				     sg_get_network_iface_stats(3)

NAME
sg_get_network_iface_stats - get network interface statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <statgrab.h> sg_network_iface_stats *sg_get_network_iface_stats(int *entries); DESCRIPTION
The sg_get_network_iface_stats function takes a pointer to an int, entries, which is filled with the number of network interfaces the machine has. This is needed to know how many sg_network_iface_stats structures have been returned. A pointer is returned to the first sg_network_iface_stats. sg_get_network_iface_stats returns statistics about the network interfaces in the machine. Specifically, it returns the speed of the inter- face, the duplex state, and whether it is currently up. RETURN VALUES
The sg_get_network_iface_stats returns a pointer to a structure of type sg_network_iface_stats. typedef enum{ SG_IFACE_DUPLEX_FULL, SG_IFACE_DUPLEX_HALF, SG_IFACE_DUPLEX_UNKNOWN }sg_iface_duplex; Note: The SG_IFACE_DUPLEX_UNKNOWN value could mean that duplex hasn't been negotiated yet. typedef struct{ char *interface_name; int speed; sg_iface_duplex duplex; int up; }sg_network_iface_stats; interface_name The name known to the operating system. (eg. on linux it might be eth0) speed The speed of the interface, in megabits/sec. duplex The duplex state the interface is in. See sg_iface_duplex for permitted values. up Whether the interface is up. SEE ALSO
statgrab(3) WEBSITE
http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ i-scream $Date: 2005/07/13 09:31:53 $ sg_get_network_iface_stats(3)