Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need a visual grep tool that works on windows via sftp Post 302521790 by bhanja_trinanja on Thursday 12th of May 2011 09:11:27 AM
Old 05-12-2011
Java Need a visual grep tool that works on windows via sftp

Hi,

Could you please suggest a tool that connects like WINSCP/Putty and allows me to search a remote Unix directory for a certain text pattern (grep) ?

Regards,
Bhanja.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp only works for root

Hi all, I have an aix 5.3 running open ssh 1.75 i think only root can sftp into the server. I appears to authenticate OK via the verbose output. Here it is: ################################################ ################################################ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how it works ? sftp

Hi, I am curious about this script , how it is running ..? #!/bin/sh echo "OK, starting now..." ftp remotehost <<EOF When I run , it is asking OK, starting now... Password:Name (remotehost): SHould I enter only password ? and explain me how it works.. thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

SFTP passwordless (kind of works)

Hi, I set up the keys on local and remote server. If I simply do: sftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx It works without asking for a password. But if I change the command to: sftp user@server it prompts me for password. Anybody know how to rectify this? Thanks a bunch. EDIT: I copied the key... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetra
3 Replies

4. Programming

SFTP fails from crontab but works from terminal

Dear community, I'm driving crazy with a strange issue. I have a simple script to transfer a file to a remote system:#!/bin/bash echo "put /tmp/server.log" > /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp sftp -b /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp user@10.99.1.2:Between client and server there is a SSH KEY, so if I run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
15 Replies

5. Solaris

How to FTP (get multiple) unix files to windows using visual basic 6

How to FTP (get multiple) unix files to windows using visual basic 6. I am a list of files in my unix location, need to ftp those files to windows machine using Visual basic 6 or VBA macros. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSh works but sftp doesn't for all users except root

I am sorry if i post in wrong Form. i have AIX server in which ssh works for all users but sftp only works for root user . it is too much important for me to solve this . Your help will be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep -q not works with multiples grep in same line

Hi, I'm trying to make a grep to see if exists occurrences with a sentence like these: grep -qi "message" file0 | grep -i $date | grep -vi "exception" echo $? 1 If I execute without -q modifier I can find occurrences. Someone could help me please? Thanks and sorry for my English! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)