Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Append password on script when restarting web instance Post 302521666 by lhareigh890 on Thursday 12th of May 2011 02:31:23 AM
Old 05-12-2011
we would like to stay the pw instead of decrypting it.would you know how to store it in clear text?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to append password in /etc/shadow file

Hi, I want to append password into /etc/shadow file using a shell script. My below script does add the users to both /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow but how can I add the hordcoded passwords to /etc/shadow file can some one help me ? # To add the groups into /etc/group file for a_user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: modgil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to fingure out what wrong with my tomcat restarting bash script

Hi, I am a nbee to Unix, I have used following script to check my tomcat is running or not and restart if it down. but actually it restart my tomcat each time running even my tomcat still running fine: Script that can run a check and perform an action if the check fails ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quyennd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To append \ in the input password

Hi I have the following issue i am going to ask from the user the password The password can have $ anywhere that is first last or in between but i have to append \ before the $ sign in the password can anyone please help For example o/p in the console will be like the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append instance count to each line

Hello forum, I need help with a script for displaying the number of instances/times a particular line appears in a tab-delimited file and append that number to the end of the line. Example text file: aaa bbb ccc ddd ggg hhh kkk nnn aaa bbb ccc ddd aaa bbb ccc ddd ppp qqq nnn sss ggg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting password prompt for restarting Jboss application

Hi When I do on console a stop, the script prompts for password > stop_idm_suite.sh Suite system password:Here experct of the shell script stop_idm_suite.sh DoIt() { # prompt System password echo "" ${BMC_JAVA_HOME}/java -Didm.suite.home=${BMC_IDM_SUITE_HOME} -classpath... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server

Hi, I need a script to kill the process Ids for the user ABC. I prepared the following script after that while logging with user therough script i am not sure how to pass the user name and password.Can ou modify the script and help me out. #!/bin/bash for filesize in $(ls -ltr | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Web Server Allows Password Auto-Completion

Hi, After running 'nessus' tool to find the Vulnerability in server OS - RHEL 5 we got " Web Server Allows Password Auto-Completion (PCI-DSS variant)" link for description provided by tools - report Nessus Plugins | Tenable Network Security I have checked - Their is only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Restarting shell script in case of a failure

I have a shell script which sqoops data from one place to hive and it does in 2 groups list. If one group is completed it waits for the second to get completed then goto to orc load, but it it fails it kills the other groups and sends a fail email. What I was looking for is if 1 group fails, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
1 Replies
clear(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   clear(3XCURSES)

NAME
clear, erase, wclear, werase - clear a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int clear(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The clear() and erase() functions clear stdscr, destroying its previous contents. The wclear() and werase() functions perform the same action, but clear the window specified by win instead of stdscr. The clear() and wclear() functions also call the clearok() function. This function clears and redraws the entire screen on the next call to refresh(3XCURSES) or wrefresh(3XCURSES) for the window. The current background character (and attributes) is used to clear the screen. PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window that is to be cleared. ERRORS
OK Successful completion. ERR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), clearok(3XCURSES), clrtobot(3XCURSES), clrtoeol(3XCURSES), doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), refresh(3XCURSES), wrefresh(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 clear(3XCURSES)