Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Difference between system uptime and last boot time. Post 302521626 by pinga123 on Thursday 12th of May 2011 12:05:28 AM
Old 05-12-2011
It was a problem with Host Server due to which vm guest were getting wrong time.
Host server clock was not set correctly.
This User Gave Thanks to pinga123 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get only the up time from uptime command

Hi all,:o i am new to shell scripting and i have aproblem like i just want to extractthe uptime of the system from an uptime command which gives the output as the Current time , how long the system has been running,how many users are surrently logged on and the system load averages for past 1,5,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulip
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the uptime from the output of the uptime command

Hi! I want to extract the uptime from the output of the uptime command. The output: 11:53 up 3:02, 2 users, load averages: 0,32 0,34 0,43 I just need the "3:02" part. How can I do this? Dirk (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk Einecke
6 Replies

4. Solaris

uptime command not showing how long the system has been up

Hello folks, uptime command not shows how long the system has been up. I know it come from a corruption of /var/adm/utmpx file. I've done : cat /dev/null > /var/adm/utmpx Now who and last commands work fine. But uptime still give me back an answer without the "up time". In which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Finding system uptime without login

Hi, Am writing a script where I want to find uptime of certain servers. Is there any command where we can find uptime without login to the server, since the server list is big logging to the server will time consuming. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris, Perl, and precise system uptime??

OK folks, my first post here.. hope the community can come up with a clever solution. Cross posting this in the Solaris and Shell scripting forums, as problem is scripting problem specifically on Solaris platform. I am trying to detect a host's uptime with greater precision than is offered up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yeaboem
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Precise system uptime??

OK folks, my first post here.. hope the community can come up with a clever solution. Cross posting this in the Solaris and Shell scripting forums, as problem is scripting problem specifically on Solaris platform. I am trying to detect a host's uptime with greater precision than is offered up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yeaboem
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Difference between uptime and who -b

Hi Folks, I have been checking on a redhat server for patching, when I tried the output for uptime and who -b both are not matching. I do not know the reason what happened and why it seems like this. Please assist someone and explain in detail. I would appreciate if I get the right... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
5 Replies

10. AIX

Managed system's uptime

How to find Physical server uptime from HMC/ ASMI. Server was in standby mode. We have started the Lpar manually. Server rebooted automatically but no information updated in Lpars's errpt, alog.console or HMC prior to the reboot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies
BOS_LISTHOSTS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  BOS_LISTHOSTS(8)

NAME
bos_listhosts - Displays the contents of the CellServDB file SYNOPSIS
bos listhosts -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos listh -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] bos getcell -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos getc -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos listhosts command formats and displays the list of a cell's database server machines from the /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file on the server machine named by the -server argument. To alter the list of machines, use the bos addhost and bos removehost commands. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine from which to display the /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). For consistent performance in the cell, the output must be the same on every server machine. The bos addhost reference page explains how to keep the machines synchronized. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of the output names the cell to which the server machine belongs. Each of the following lines names a database server machine for that cell. The "Host" number assigned to each database server machine is for server-internal use only and is not the same as, nor necessarily related to, the machine's IP address. The BOS Server assigned it as part of performing the bos addhost command. EXAMPLES
The following command displays the database server machines listed in the /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB file on the machine "fs7.abc.com". % bos listhosts fs7.abc.com Cell name is abc.com Host 1 is db1.abc.com Host 2 is db2.abc.com Host 3 is db3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), KeyFile(5), bos(8), bos_addhost(8), bos_removehost(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_LISTHOSTS(8)