Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uniq not working, so any alternate? Post 302521622 by rmcc4444 on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 11:50:42 PM
Old 05-12-2011
Try this...

Code:
sort temp | uniq -u

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternate rows of a file

hi all is there any process in which i can get alternate rows of a file.i want to do further processing on those alternate rows.i want to select row1,row3,row5.... like this from a file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate way for echo.

Hi, Is there any other command echo does. if I am doing this operation for each line in my file. So its taking very long time to process more than 1000 records. Is there any alternative way to write the above if statement (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternate lines

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I want to read the all the lines from a text file and write the alternate lines into another file. Please give me a shell script solution. file1 ----- one two three four five six seven newfile(it should contain the alternate lines from the file1) ------- one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between plain "uniq" and "uniq -u"

Dear all, It's not entirely clear to me from manpage the difference between them. Why we still need "-u" flag? - monkfan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants alternate to the Sleep option??

I am new to Shell Scripting and I need help to write the following script in a different format... This is the current script: #!/usr/bin/ksh environment=rms export environment . $AW_HOME/RETEK/exec/RETEK_ENVAR ls -ltr $MMPOS/RTLOG* | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f9... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed working as uniq 1st word only

Hello, everyone. I am having trouble figuring out sed command which emulates uniq. The task I want to do is that 2 consecutive lines in file should be considered the same using the first word only. Example: cat tmp.txt ddd eee aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff asd fdd asd fdd bbb aaa bbb asd fgh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: motorcek
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron for an alternate sunday

Hi again, I need to delete stats on every 2nd Sunday and I've try the following codes but unfortunately it didn't work. I'll really appreciate as always for your help. I'm on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE. altsun.sh script: #!/bin/sh day = $(`date '+%e'`) if then rm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user`
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

Alternate for wget

Hi, Whats the alternate for wget in HP-UX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate for sed -i in AIX

Experts, At the moment I am working in AIX box where sed -i is not available. My requirement is as below Two files file1 and file2. file1 contains the IP address, its count. file2 contains the Hostname and its corresponding IP address. I would like get the IP address replaced with the apt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)