Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Excluding directory during deleting Post 302521439 by JasperG on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 09:25:43 AM
Old 05-11-2011
Thanks, that worked perfect Smilie

---------- Post updated at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ----------

After trying it again I received this error:
user@/ontw/bin/delete$ find /ontw/log -type f -mtime +31 |grep -v /ontw/log/lost+found | xargs rm
find: cannot read dir /ontw/log/lost+found: Permission denied
usage: rm [-fiRr] file ...

Does anyone know what the problem can be?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find excluding a directory and a file

Hi I have some 5 folders and two files in the current directory. I want to delete all, expect one folder(files in the folder too should not be deleted) and a file in the current directory. Lets say the folder and file that should not be deleted as 'a'(folder name) and 'b'(file name). Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Files in a Directory Excluding Subdirectories

Hi, I have a filename Location.txt in a directory /abc. Similar name file is present in its subdirectory /abc/xyz. I want to find the file which is present only in /abc and not in /abc/xyz. Please any1 of u can provide a quick suggestion. Its very urgent. Thanks, Amol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol_Dicholkar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

excluding root directory when searching

I'm writing a script that executes over several subdirectories that looks like this: cd companies #find . -print -type d | find . -type d -print | while read dirname do cd $dirname # run your code at this point if ; then #do somthing else #do something else fi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melearlin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files for a user, excluding a directory

I have been searching, and cannot find an answer for this. I am trying to find all files for a user, lets call him (test001), and I want to exclude a specific directory. Here is the command I run, it finds all files: find / -user test001 I get this result: > find / -user test001 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2x4
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

excluding a directory with chown, chmod

does anyone know how to exclude a directory with chown or chmod? im trying to do something like this chown $username:$username $directory/* chown $username:$username $directory/.* chown $username:$username $directory and find $directory/* -type f -exec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding a directory

i want to search files in public_html of all users and exclude any directories named "uploads" or "albums" (because there are many files in these), just skip them completely now im doing something like find /home/*/public_html -regex ".*\(php\|html\|htm\)$" -path albums -prune -o -type f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding new file, but excluding directory..

hi, I need to find files that have been created less than 3 days ago. However, I need to only search specific directories. I've searched about the net and found some useful commands such as : find . -type d -name 'dir_to_exclude' -prune -o -print -mtime -3 however I cannot get it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

9. AIX

Excluding directory in my tar Backup

Hello AIX experts. Hope this topic finds you well :) Now, I will take a backup for a directory called medcbs. Inside this directory 1 subdirectory I don't want to include it in the backup. So, how to exclude it? To be more clear, take a look to the following: /bossapp1/medcbs>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file with extension and excluding directory

Hi, I have an inquiry on how do I use the find command in Solaris Unix to find some file ends with extension : txt, err in the root directory with modified date of 30days and this find command will also need to exclude b directory and its subdirectory. All the files from the above find criteria... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost88
5 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)