Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type error Post 302521370 by weknowd on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 05:07:17 AM
Old 05-11-2011
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type error

Hi am just trying to FTP am while doing so am getting the "KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type" error.Please let me know what should be done to avoid this error.

The code is

Code:
#!/bin/ksh -x
#
# Get new files only ftp
#
source="source.com"
basedir="/home/xyz/"
search="*/*/*/*.zip"
register=received_files.txt
tempfile="/home/sai/dir_listing.txt"
gets=get_commands.txt
username="abc"
password="cvf"

ftp $source >> $tempfile <<-EOF
user $username
$password
cd $basedir
dir $search
quit
EOF

Last edited by pludi; 05-11-2011 at 06:12 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

user names being rejected during registration

To Whom It May Concern, I've tried registering, and am unable to do so. The message being returned is that my name choices are being rejected for not meeting some administrator criteria, which is not discernible from the message returned by the board software. The password I chose was all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: username_in_use
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 -help needed ASAP

#!/bin/sh HOST='ftp.bend.com' USER='temp1' PASSWD='temp2' FTPPATH='SY1:' ifile='concat.txt' #FTP concatenated file ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD binary cd $FTPPATH put $ifile get $ifile retrieval.$$ quit END_SCRIPT if then echo "FTP of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
2 Replies

4. Linux

KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type & cron

Running as cron, I get error msg in mail: KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type, even though the ftp does work. Can anyone explain this? Is there a way to stop it? cron: 35 6 * * 1-5 ./PSS/pss.sh >> ./PSS/pss.log script pss.sh: #!/usr/bin/ksh DIR=/home/informix/PSS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejaggers
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh error: Error reading response length from authentication socket

Hi - I am getting the error `Error reading response length from authentication socket' when I ssh from my cluster to another cluster, and then back to my cluster. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's just annoying that it always pops up and tends to confuse new users of the cluster. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

For users incorrectly rejected as a spammers

There was a problem with the site servicing our spam address checking. As a result all registrations were being rejected. If you have encountered this problem please try again and you should be permitted to join. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication

I have two Solaris 10 systems, A and B, both of which share home directories via NFS (served from a 3rd, Linux, machine). User names, uids, and home directories are identical when the same user has accounts on both Solaris 10 machines. When I run ssh -X user@A from my home machine, I can easily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WolfyPDX
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Certificates accepted/rejected depending on what service I use...

Hey everyone. I was at my local star bucks, which has open free wifi. And I (against my better judgement) deceided to check my school email. I was using their wifi network. when I went to go login, I was presented with the safari prompt "Can not Verify Server identity". I clicked 'details' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registration User Name Rejected

Unix Admin Registration process refused two user names. I may have already registered here and it's kicking me out because of email address but giving me username msg. What's the solution to this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies
FTP_SITE(3)								 1							       FTP_SITE(3)

ftp_site - Sends a SITE command to the server

SYNOPSIS
bool ftp_site (resource $ftp_stream, string $command) DESCRIPTION
ftp_site(3) sends the given SITE command to the FTP server. SITE commands are not standardized, and vary from server to server. They are useful for handling such things as file permissions and group membership. PARAMETERS
o $ftp_stream - The link identifier of the FTP connection. o $command - The SITE command. Note that this parameter isn't escaped so there may be some issues with filenames containing spaces and other characters. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sending a SITE command to an ftp server <?php // Connect to FTP server $conn = ftp_connect('ftp.example.com'); if (!$conn) die('Unable to connect to ftp.example.com'); // Login as "user" with password "pass" if (!ftp_login($conn, 'user', 'pass')) die('Error logging into ftp.example.com'); // Issue: "SITE CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile" command to ftp server if (ftp_site($conn, 'CHMOD 0600 /home/user/privatefile')) { echo "Command executed successfully. "; } else { die('Command failed.'); } ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_raw(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_SITE(3)