Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Decision based on field value Post 302521348 by ahamed101 on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 03:08:48 AM
Old 05-11-2011
Whats the position of these lines?
If they are the first 3 entries then try this
Code:
awk 'NR<=3{split($5,arr,"_");sub(";","_"arr[2]";",$4);print}' file

regards,
Ahamed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find top N values for field X based on field Y's value

I want to find the top N entries for a certain field based on the values of another field. For example if N=3, we want the 3 best values for each entry: Entry1 ||| 100 Entry1 ||| 95 Entry1 ||| 30 Entry1 ||| 80 Entry1 ||| 50 Entry2 ||| 40 Entry2 ||| 20 Entry2 ||| 10 Entry2 ||| 50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Summing a field based on another field

So, I need to do some summing. I have an Apache log file with the following as a typical line: 127.0.0.1 - frank "GET /apache_pb.gif HTTP/1.0" 200 2326 Now, what I'd like to do is a per-minute sum. So, I can have awk tell me the individual minutes, preserving the dates(since this is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uniq based on first field

Hi New to unix. I want to display only the unrepeated lines from a file using first field. Ex: 1234 uname1 status1 1235 uname2 status2 1234 uname3 status3 1236 uname5 status5 I used sort filename | uniq -u output: 1234 uname1 status1 1235 uname2 status2 1234 uname3 status3 1236... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: venummca
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting based on the second field

Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 This is my file. Two fields separated by space $ cat testfile.txt MARCH9 MARCH4 MARCH1 MARCH5 MARCH2 MARCH326 MARCH821 MARCH7 MARCH6 MARCH2 $ $ The following numeric sort, based on the first field's 6th character works as expected. $ $ sort -n -k 1.6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep based on first field

I want to grep based on first column and print all the columns. for eg. root 12344 /sh root 33389 /bash oracle 87378 /tech/oracle oracle 26367 /tmp/oracle Now I want to grep based on user "root" in first column and print like below. root ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field based on another field

In the tab-delimeted input file below I am trying to use awk to update the value in $2 if TYPE=ins in bold, by adding the value of HRUN= in italics. In the below since in line 1 TYPE=ins the 117282541 value in $2 has 6 added because that is the value of HRUN=. Hopefully the awk is a start but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to adjust coordinates in field based on sequential numbers in another field

I am trying to output a tab-delimited result that uses the data from a tab-delimited file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the first matching sequential $6 value is added to $2, unless the value is 1, then the original $2 is used (like in the case of line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing field based on the value of other field

Hi Team, In the below input file, if I have the value 23,24,25 then for those records 1st field value should get updated from "a" to "b". I also want to pass these values in file as input as it can be done dynamically. Tried awk commands but not getting desired output.Using SunOS 5.10 version.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with getting awk to multiply a field by a value set based on condition of another field

Hi, So awk is driving me crazy on this one. I have searched everywhere and read man, docs and every related post Google can find and still no luck. The actual files I need to run this on are sensitive in nature, but it is the same thing as if I needed to calculate weighted grades for multiple... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotilloe
15 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [ -c ] [ -e ] [ -g ] [ -l ] [ -p ] [ -t T ] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk version 2.15 or later) or nawk. During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output. -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configu- ration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. AUTHOR
Olafur Gudmundsson ogud@tis.com Trusted Information Systems formerly at University of Maryland, College Park BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gawk(1), nawk(1), awk(1), gnuplot(1), sh(1), compress(1), gzip(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution AMPLOT(8)