Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter a .kml file (xml) to remove unwanted entries Post 302521209 by Phear46 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 02:35:28 PM
Old 05-10-2011
thankyou for the speedy reply bartus. For some reason this isnt working, It returns the file with 5 placemark tags, none of which are the BTHomeHub ones (which is correct), but there should be a bunch more.

I thought maybe it was just outputting the first few so i ran
Code:
perl -p0e 's/<Placemark>.*?BTHomeHub.*?<\/Placemark>\n//sg' file | gedit

to pipe the output to a txt file but i just get a blank page.

Any ideas? Also could you explain what that line actually does? what does -p0e mean?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted data?

Hi Can any one help me remove the unwanted data? I would want to remove the complete event id 4910 ( the type there is INFO), that means, I have to remove starting from 7th - 19th lines. can any one of you please help? Thanks, (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter unwanted lines

Hi All, I have the below input and i only want to filter out some un-wanted info from here. Expected output is below. Can somebody help ? The catch is that i want to grep those lines with term "k=" and lines with term "**" as the 1st column and "07" as the last column. And the number of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted XML Tags

I have set of sources and the respective resolution. Please advice how to resolve the same using Unix shell scripting. Source 1: ======= <ext:ContactInfo xmlns:ext="urn:AOL.FLOWS.Extensions"> <ext:InternetEmailAddress>AOL@AOL.COM</ext:InternetEmailAddress> </ext:ContactInfo> Resoultion... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambals123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted lines

I have a .xml file, where i need some output. The xml file is like: Code: <?******?></ddddd><sssss>234</dfdffsdf><sdhjh>534</dfdfa>......... /Code I need the output like: code 234 534 . . . /code How can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter/remove duplicate .dat file with certain criteria

I am a beginner in Unix. Though have been asked to write a script to filter(remove duplicates) data from a .dat file. File is very huge containig billions of records. contents of file looks like 30002157,40342424,OTC,mart_rec,100, ,0 30002157,40343369,OTC,mart_rec,95, ,0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) with data set from text file

I have a .kml file. So I want filter the .kml to get only the tags that have this numeric codes that they are in a text file 11951 11952 74014 11964 11965 11969 11970 11971 11972 60149 74018 74023 86378 11976 11980 11983 11984 11987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoj33
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing unwanted tags from xml file

I have a XML file given as below: "<ProductUOMAlternativeDetails> <removetag> <UOMCode>EA</UOMCode> <numeratorForConversionToBaseUOM>1</numeratorForConversionToBaseUOM> <denominatorForConversionToBaseUOM>1</denominatorForConversionToBaseUOM> <length>0.59</length> <width>0.96</width> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter file to remove duplicate values in first column

Hello, I have a script that is generating a tab delimited output file. num Name PCA_A1 PCA_A2 PCA_A3 0 compound_00 -3.5054 -1.1207 -2.4372 1 compound_01 -2.2641 0.4287 -1.6120 3 compound_03 -1.3053 1.8495 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
gedit(1)							   User Commands							  gedit(1)

NAME
gnome-text-editor, gedit - Limited functionality text editor for the GNOME desktop. SYNOPSIS
gnome-text-editor [--debug [-section]] [gnome-std-options] [--help] [--new-document] [--new-window] [--quit] [filename] gedit [--debug [-section]] [gnome-std-options] [--help] [--new-document] [--new-window] [--quit] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-text-editor application is a text editor for the GNOME desktop. The application is also called gedit. You can use gedit as a shorter command to start the application. The application enables you to edit multiple documents at the same time. Each document resides in a specific tabbed section of the application window. When you start the application from the command line, you can specify one or more filenames. When gedit starts, the application opens all files that you list on the command line. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --debug [-section] Run gedit in debug mode. In debug mode all the functions that are being called dump the function names to the con- sole. You can specify the following sections for debugging: o window o commands o document o file o plugins o prefs o print o search o undo o view o recent Run gedit --help for more information. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. --help Print the command line options. --new-document Create a new top-level document or tabbed section in an existing instance of gedit. --new-window Create a new top-level window in an existing instance of gedit. --quit Quit an existing instance of gedit. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
The gedit application accepts pipes, so you can specify a pipe after another command, to load the output of the command into gedit. For example: example% ls -l | gedit EXAMPLES
Example 1: To Edit an ASCII File Named document.txt example% gedit document.txt Example 2: To Add a New Tab That Contains an ASCII File Named book.txt example% gedit --new-document book.txt Example 3: To Add a New Top-Level Window That Contains an ASCII File Named testfile.txt example% gedit --new-window testfile.txt EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully. >0 An error occurred. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-text-editor The executable file for the gnome-text-editor application. /usr/bin/gedit A symbolic link to the gnome-text-editor executable file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-text-editor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-std-options(5), libgtksourceview-1.0(3) Online Help gedit manual. NOTES
This man page was written by the following people: Paolo Maggi, Chema Celorio, James Willcox, Federico Mena Quintero. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 gedit(1)